IMs getting capped always

prem4998

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its group notices.

If you leave those on for social or shopping groups, you can log out for 5 minutes and come back to 99+ notices up there...

And if you turn them off, you miss everything as not only will notices not cap your IMs, they won't even be sent to you...

/sigh.

What they need to do is just let you take a middle approach of "send notices to notice folder, sorted in sub folders by group. And auto get them out of my IM queue."

You could then put a little number next to each folder for the number of notices not yer opened / read / attached / rezzed / or otherwise ever clicked on. (I would change the notice system so it can only send notecards - people can attach items into the notcard, and then would then let you just had a read/unread flag on notecards...)

Sassy Romano wrote:

I don't understand?

You've been advised that the limit is 25 but that if you configure IM to go to email that you won't lose any.

They'll stop going to email once you hit the cap of notices. What happens to me is I just see a daily spam of 25 "best in 30-years-out-of-date-fashion, 300L on the board" in my email until I realize some group I'm in has let in a club spammer.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

I don't understand?

You've been advised that the limit is 25 but that if you configure IM to go to email that you won't lose any.

They'll stop going to email once you hit the cap of notices. What happens to me is I just see a daily spam of 25 "best in 30-years-out-of-date-fashion, 300L on the board" in my email until I realize some group I'm in has let in a club spammer.

Are you saying that after you get 25 notices IM's stop going to E Mail? 

I've never read a separate note about 'notices,' only the cap which is mentioned in Limits. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

I'm always curious about this. I know that I get IM to email, because even when capped, I see them in email. However, if you don't get them in email, and they are not inworld, how do you know there was anything to miss? Why does it seem to work for the vast majority except for the claim of a few? That part I don't understand.

Sassy Romano wrote:

I'm always curious about this. I know that I get IM to email, because even when capped, I see them in email. However, if you don't get them in email, and they are not inworld, how do you know there was anything to miss? Why does it seem to work for the vast majority except for the claim of a few? That part I don't understand.

I wonder the same. How is it I can get 70 offlines in my inbox in a night, but people say theirs cap?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.