AWFUL SL RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Wikipedia has an excellent sketch showing the three main 'identifying characteristics' of the spider. It matches very well with the insect contained in your image.

You can see the sketch here:

That Arthropod is not an Insect.  It is an Arachnid.

But either or, I would not want to find one in my soup!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Wikipedia has an excellent sketch showing the three main 'identifying characteristics' of the spider. It matches very well with the insect contained in your image.

That
is not an
  It is an

iTS A ANT, dont forget thiis is a second life,

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

That
is not an
  It is an

Amen!  Everybody is right.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

Your world - Your imagination.jpg

Coby Foden wrote:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

That
is not an
  It is an

Amen!  Everybody is right.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

Your world - Your imagination.jpg

I'm buying that! Especially since it means that in my world I can imagine spiders are insects :-).

Perrie Juran wrote:

I did notice today that a
is now seeking new staff.

Could this be the place?

If it is, they're speciest bigots who deserve no business. From their application form:

Note: All applicants must be human(Not neko, furry, elf, or any kind of hybrid, or foreign creature)

Same old discriminatory stereotypes, "NEKOS PUT FLEAS IN THE SOUP", "WEREWOLVES CHOMP HALF THE STEAK BEFORE IT HITS YOUR TABLE", etc. And what's a "foreign creature"? I guess they won't serve elves either?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Ivan might be able to recognize nefarious ants.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Well, whatever those creatures are crawling on the walls I hope Ivan has Abuse Reported them.

We can't have them over running SL!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Well, whatever those creatures are crawling on the walls I hope Ivan has Abuse Reported them.

We can't have them over running SL!

Spyda Twist wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I did notice today that a
is now seeking new staff.

Could this be the place?

If it is, they're speciest bigots who deserve no business. From their application form:

Note: All applicants must be human(Not neko, furry, elf, or any kind of hybrid, or foreign creature)

Same old discriminatory stereotypes, "NEKOS PUT FLEAS IN THE SOUP", "WEREWOLVES CHOMP HALF THE STEAK BEFORE IT HITS YOUR TABLE", etc. And what's a "foreign creature"? I guess they won't serve elves either?

I think the werewolf thing would still be okay. What do you say to the werewolf who chomped half your steak before bringing it to your table?

"Thank you!"

I'm skipping replies so Perrie, 'Spiders & Snakes' is one of my favorite songs, and "Let's make it....perfectly clear" one of my favorite lines.

'Bugs on Me' good too and reminded me of one very inside joke for which I'll make no apologies.

I worked for a place that built equipment to inspect the leads on completed integrated circuits (chips) before they were packaged for shipment. The idea was to sort out the ones with bent/less than truly straight leads, because they wouldn't drop through the holes on the PC boards during assembly (surface mount made this equipment obsolete but at the time there was still a lot of through-hole stuff). We were building surface mount testers as well, those tested for co-planarity.

Our tester required inverting the chip and running it through the scanner upside down, but for reasons I can't recall it was considered more desirable to be able to test with the IC pin-side down. We were working on that but hadn't gotten there.

One day on the assembly floor I was doing bring-up on a tester and glanced inside to see an ant walking across the conveyor (needless to say we weren't in a cleanroom). One of the assembly guys saw it too and said, "Okay, I know we're working on live bug but this is ridiculous." There was an extended laughter break.

Sorry to waste everyone's time. It was a high moment in my manufacturing career. In the parlance of our business at that time, 'dead bug' meant an integrated circuit lying on its plastic case with its leads pointed up in the air. 'Live bug' meant the opposite.

edited for spelling

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Sorry to waste everyone's time. It was a high moment in my manufacturing career. In the parlance of our business at that time, 'dead bug' meant an integrated circuit lying on its plastic case with its leads pointed up in the air. 'Live bug' meant the opposite.

That's the parlance of my business as well, and your story reminds me of the dark humor that pervades the design of medical instrumentation. I fondly recall trying to heat sliced turkey for my lunch between the paddles of a prototype defibrillator.

I fondly recall trying to heat sliced turkey for my lunch between the paddles of a prototype defibrillator.

*Looks at the marshmallow*

it's always about heat with you, isn't it? The nefarious pyromaniac. You'll probably bristle at that 'maniac' inclusion but I think Snugs will back me up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.