LL, stop being lazy

Darqh Saeed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

whats bothersome is something that can so simply be done. Whenever your doing gridwide maintenance or whatever it is your doing/fixing send out a gridwide pop-up message. Like the sim restarting ones. And please save the "It's alot of work and things to do that"...your a multibillion dollar company so get with it and stop being lazy. honestly people dont check everyday on the....horribly setup forums and such to see what issues LL is having so spend a few bucks, make a gridwide message system and there ya go. problem solved

i mean in my mind its commonsense, not rocket science...unless you like getting thousands of hateful tickets and such. Gridwide messages=everyone see's it and if not its their fault.

Grid rolling restarts have been the same every week I've played so far, and I've gotten a message that the sim was restarting before it did..
So...

Maybe you should get with it, rather than ranting about something so simple, something thats commensense and has been the routine for so long

Well Mistah I guess I'll say....my message totally went over that acorn in your head huh bud. Wasnt about rolling restarts. maybe read again, and concentrate this time. 

I know theres the grid service page but my point is like i said, not everybody goes there everyday, or even ever for that matter to see if theres any issues within SL that can cause transfer problems, money purchase problems, inventory problems and such so a simple pop-up message wouldnt be a bad thing at all. i think at onetime they used to do it to if i remember correctly. years back. bring it back.

This has been requested for ages and ages. A sample jira. It all assumes that gridstatus (or something) gets timely updates when widespread problems are discovered (which sometimes happens).

ETA: I meant to mention that Linden Research Inc is very, very far from "a multibillion dollar company," and putting it like that just gives them an excuse to do nothing, because by that logic they're like three orders of magnitude too small to be expected to do anything.

They used to be able to do system wide messages using that bluebox dropdown.    but from what I understand from a couple sources and not sure which one is the right one is that

1. you need a linden in god mode, but that god mode has to be 250 or more, nobody seems to have been reassigned this level so nobody can do it.

2. it was removed from active code so the ability to do it is now gone.

3. nobody knows the password to the account thats able to do it and they can not recover it because of a fail safe

suffice to say,  people who know people is were I got this info, none of it directly from the lab or it's employee's. 

so take it with a grain of salt, I have

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.