Sign in to follow this  
SBsSouthernKitten

Can I use lumiya for iphone

Question

8 answers to this question

No.  The only SL app for iPhone is Pocket Metaverse,. and it has no graphics capability...just map and IM/chat.

• Like 1

Currently the only option I know of for iPhone users is a subscription service called Bright Canopy.  They run the viewer on their servers, and you see the end result via your web browser.  It gets around the severe performance limitations of phones and tablets.  https://brightcanopy.com/https://brightcanopy.com/

The free option is to use a Remote Desktop app. Access your home computer via an app on the phone. Run SL on the home computer from your phone.

There is a bit of setup and the home computer has to be on. Desktops can be setup to power up when accessed from the net, but that is a problem prone option and may not work when you really need it. So, one generally leaves the home computer powered up. Install a free desktop app. Google has one. There are several in the Play and iStore shops. Set up the app and do whatever you need to remember the password. The app does an ET-phone-home thing so the phone can find the home computer even if the IP address changes, it will over time.

The viewer UI is designed to run on a desktop. It is a bit small on a phone... well, WAY small. I find it easier using a stylist on the phone. One also needs uncommon keys on the phone, like arrow keys and someway to right-click. So, you will need an alternate keyboard app for the phone. Of course, the sister app for the app on the desktop.

I have used SL from my Samsung phone to access SL via my desktop. It isn't a fun thing, a bit tedious actually. But, it works.

I have actually gotten Bixby to convert voice to text for chat that goes directly into the local chat or IM. I haven't found any way to get voice from the phone to the viewer.