Singularity - Voice Error Message

TristanMercer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Been having a problem lately with Singularity while running Firestorm.

I get a window that pops up that says: We're having trouble connecting to your voice server: https://www.bhr.vivox.com/api2:UDP: 3478, 3479, 5060, 5062, 12001- 1700

Voice communications will not be available. Please check your network and firewall setup.

This error only appears when running Firestorm(if I log in Singularity by itself, error is not present and viewer functions perfectly). Voice is shut off on both viewers. This window will keep popping up over and over and over and cannot be closed.

It is beginning to be a pain in the rear to transfer items between accounts by having to log out....then log in the other,  transfer items, log out, and log back in to my main.

Anyone have any ideas?

I get the same message and for the same reason - using two clients simultaneously. The first one I run (LL viewer) gets the voice connection and the second one (always Singularity) gets that message. I certainly don't need voice for two avatars simultaneously, so I've turned voice off for the second one, and, therefore, the message no longer appears.

Ok. If that's the case with both viewers, you could try removing Singularity and reinstalling it, making sure hat voice is disabled before you log in with it. It may not cure the problem but it doesn't hurt to try.

As I said, by using the LL viewer for my main and Singularity for my alt, I had exactly the same problem that you described. I fixed it by disabling voice in the Singularity viewer. Incidentally, I never set them both logging in together. I always set the LL viewer logging in first, wait until it's downloading the world, and then set Singularity off on its login process.

The thing is that Singularity is trying to set voice up, even though it's disabled. Before trying the above you could enable voice in it and then disable it again - just in case its settings have gone a bit awry.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

It's possible that the 64 bit Singularity is in it's early stages of development and what you're experiencing is simply a bug.

With Singularity their 64bit program comes packaged with the needed 32bit libs.

The OP's problem is more of a socket or port (or both, and there is a difference between the two) contention issue, but what do I know. 

What you are seeing are all known problems with the new version of Vivox (voice) found in Firestorm and Viewer 3. As far as I know, Singularity is still using the older voice version so I doubt anything changed at their end.

Running 2 or more viewers where at least one is using the new voice version will cause the voice connection popups even if voice is disabled in the viewers or blocked from connecting in your Firewall. The multuple popups that never stop spawning is also a known problem some people have.

The only workaround I can give you, which will stop the problem on Firestorms end is to tick the "Do not show me this again" box on Firestorms error message. This will probably not stop the popups from constantly spawning on Singularity though.

20131119225201804.png

Whirly Fizzle wrote:.

20131119225201804.png

Don't you have to accept a TOS with vivox?  I think I had to accept or decline, I don't recall.  I am not saying this is the issue because I already stated what I thought the issue was.    Anyway, perhaps "Not Accepting" the TOS with vivox on one of the viewers, ergo eliminating contention, will allow the OP access?  But, then again, what do I know as I am only guessing.

PS But this^^ would entail doing an absolute clean install, right?

Storm Clarence wrote:

20131119225201804.png

Don't you have to accept a TOS with vivox?  I think I had to accept or decline, I don't recall.  I am not saying this is the issue because I already stated what I thought the issue was.    Anyway, perhaps "Not Accepting" the TOS with vivox on one of the viewers, ergo eliminating contention, will allow the OP access?  But, then again, what do I know as I am only guessing.

That's a good point / question. 

The Vivox TOS does pop up during installation.

Would the Viewer fail to install if you declined?

I'm not in the mood for doing clean installs or experimenting right now. 

I will also have to confess I have never read the Vivox TOS.

Lord knows I get tired of reading legalese all the time.

I miss the days of just a good old hand shake.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

20131119225201804.png

That's a good point / question. 

Would the Viewer fail to install if you declined?

1) Like I wrote, what do I know.

2) I always hit "I AGREE"  and not complain about it later :|

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I had the same voice error message in SINGULARITY, and I think I found the trick, at least it works now.

I don't use voice, so it's not enabled... anyway I crossed  PREF / VOICE CHAT / line 2 >> possibility to connect simultaneously a few sessions in voice  (or something like this)

So all ok for now,... I hope that can help others too

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.