Oh, Is This Why They Changed the TOS?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I too want to say thank you Sassy.

For the record, this is the comment I posted on Prok's Blog:

"Really we should have all stopped replying to you in the Forum thread after you made this comment, "Would like to hear this from a Linden, and not the know-it-all user base."  

If that is who you think we are why did you even bother asking in the Forum?

But then you went even further insulting us with this statement, "I think it's probably predicated on vast, vast stores of insecurity, that come from people who in fact are self-taught, or at least, not recognized computer professionals working at IBM or something, but just kids who learned online."

First off, I am not insecure.  I am very secure in my knowledge on this subject.  Secondly I am anything but a "kid."  And  I think it should be pretty obvious from the tone with which most of us replied to you that you were not talking with "kids."

Additionally, what is wrong with being "self taught?" Most of the knowledge that people have is self taught.  Do you discredit any knowledge someone has because they weren't taught it?  That makes no sense.

Lastly, Cache is what it is.  It works the way it does by clearly defined rules that any one can look up.  It exists on your hard drive for the length of time that the applicable program determines (hence the word "temporary).

This is something that you can easily look up yourself.  But I guess because then that would be for you "self taught," your knowledge, by your own stated attitude, would not be dependable.  Talk about having "insecurities."  You are by your own words manifesting the epitome of being insecure.

You came to us with a theory.  We debunked it.  But rather than admit you were wrong you instead insulted us.

If anything, I think you owe us, the people who took the time to answer your questions, explain to you how Cache worked, provided you links to document what we were saying so you could see we were not just bumping our gums, that you owe us an apology.

You accused us of being "kids."  Prove to us that you are an adult by acting like one here."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrie Juran wrote:

You accused us of being "kids."  Prove to us that you are an adult by acting like one here."

Perrie, Prok is acting like an adult. People who believe the Earth is flat are acting like adults. People who won't vaccinate their children, even with vaccines containing no thimersol (mercury) are acting like adults. Scientologists are acting like adults when they probe each other with their E-Meters. People who believe JFK was assassinated by aliens are acting like adults. I believe adult behavior is highly overrated.

If Prok were behaving (a better word than "acting") like a child, there would be a substantial likelihood of changes in position on various subjects as understanding is gained. Kids do that all the time. Do you see evidence that Prok is gaining understanding? Every one of us rejects evidence that challenges our belief systems. The trick is to recognize when we're doing it, and to try to open ourselves up to the challenge.

In this regard, children should be our role models.

;-)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Perrie, Prok is acting like an adult. People who believe the Earth is flat are acting like adults. People who won't vaccinate their children, even with vaccines containing no thimersol (mercury) are acting like adults. Scientologists are acting like adults when they probe each other with their E-Meters. People who believe JFK was assassinated by aliens are acting like adults. I believe adult behavior is highly overrated.

If Prok were behaving (a better word than "acting") like a child, there would be a substantial likelihood of changes in position on various subjects as understanding is gained. Kids do that all the time. Do you see evidence that Prok is gaining understanding? Every one of us rejects evidence that challenges our belief systems. The trick is to recognize when we're doing it, and to try to open ourselves up to the challenge.

In this regard, children should be our role models.

;-)

Well I know 'common sense' is not always 'good sense.'

Maybe I am wrong to think that when most people say 'common,' that they really mean 'good.'

Maybe by your terms I should have taken Prok referring to us as 'kids' a complement.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Maybe by your terms I should have taken Prok referring to us as 'kids' a complement. 
;)

"Hi, Kids!!!", was Mom's usual greeting to Dad and me. She told everybody she had two children.

As I've said before...

As for adults behaving like children, there are times and ways in which that is a lovely thing to do. To paraphrase Mark Twain, the difference between childish and childlike behavior is like the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

I won't tell you how to take Prok's referring to us as kids, but I assure you that when I say it, I intend it as a compliment.

;-)

From what I have seen, lurking in the shadows for quite some time ... Do not expect any sort of apology and do not expect any changes in behavior.

I have kept myself from responding to almost all threads in this forum for a very good reason: I have a strict policy regarding dealing with anyone I perceive as a fool or as behaving like a child or as being deluded. Seeing how some have responded in the past to anyone who does not kowtow to the thin skinned users here - not to mention the thin skinned moderators - I would have been long ago locked out of here.

Some of the responses I have read in this thread, some of them apparently reported by users who no doubt see themselves as forum police, have been wholly justified.

Should anyone have an issue with this single response to this train wreck of a thread, I encourage you to shut down your computer and take a step outside.

Hello, Lunar... congratulations on your de-lurk and welcome to the wonderful world of posting on the SL forum.  I have to disagree that the moderators are thin skinned and suggest that they are merely either incompetent, completely lacking a sense of humor or both.

...Dres

P.S. Sometimes train wrecks can be fun to watch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.