Copied item sold on SLM. I need help to understand how it is done.

Mac Shoreman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a building with C/M/No T settings copied to mesh. I sell it for 275L and now another merchant sell it no textures for 1.990 L on SLM with loads of Copyright mombo jumbo on there. It is MY design, nothing more or less. WTF hapend. Can some one explain to me the process, how this is done? I want to see if there is some thing I can do to prevent this from hapening. How is this possible?

I only see one product of yours at L$275 which is the midi shop.  If it's that product then from the description it's not mesh but prims.  Is that correct?

If so, since it's modify, it's a trivial exercise to drop in a prim replicator script to generate a copy, that's before we even start slinging around screams of "copybotter", illegal clients and other wrong doing.

Alicia had it right, for L$275, work out how much you'll lose, consider how much the court case would be and whether you'd win.

Good luck with DMCA and welcome to the realities of Second Life.

The term DMCA refers to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. That agreement governs what a service provider such as Linden Lab must do to help protect the copyrighted work of others.

You can find both a description and instructions to file a DMCA Takedown Notice on Linden Lab's website at:

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Follow the instructions carefully and completely. It can take LL anywhere from 24 hours to several months to react. However the more complete your notice and the more explicit information you give them, the faster they can respond. Remember, in order to win, you have to give them the best gun, bullets and target sights you can .. so make your DMCA Notice the best you can.

Sassy Romano wrote:

I only see one product of yours at L$275 which is the midi shop.  If it's that product then from the description it's not mesh but prims.  Is that correct?

If so, since it's modify, it's a trivial exercise to drop in a prim replicate script to generate a copy, that's before we even start slinging around screams of "copybotter", illegal clients and other wrong doing.

Alicia had it right, for L$275, work out how much you'll lose, consider how much the court case would be and whether you'd win.

Good luck with DMCA and welcome to the realities of Second Life.

Apparently it's a phantom mesh building with invisible prim walls. Nowhere in the description does it say mesh though...

Are you really complaining about someone copying your house design when you have a Knickerbocker beer hat in your shop? That copy right is held by Pabst.. Which you make reference to in your description. Also, MGM owns the rights to The Wizard of OZ movie.. You might want to pull your Tin Woodsman Av. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.