Why two different profile pics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For most avatars, when I search from my dashboard, the pic that displays within "search.secondlife.com" is the same as the pic that displays when I go to their profile within "my.secondlife.com", yet for a few avatars, I've noticed that the two pics are different. I'd like to understand why this is so. The two different pics have been in place for several weeks.

For most avatars, when I search from my dashboard, the pic that displays within "search.secondlife.com" is the same as the pic that displays when I go to their profile within "my.secondlife.com", yet for a few avatars, I've noticed that the two pics are different. I'd like to understand why this is so. The two different pics have been in place for several weeks.

Not sure if this could be a reason, but the last few weeks, some residents on the feed have been complaining about their profile pic being changed to and older, previous one that had been used...they didn't change it.  Some glitch in the system apparently :(

Yesterday I logged into the beta grid for the first time. I was intrigued to see that whilst my inventory seemed up to date, my profile text was an older version. I haven't changed my profile pic in a while, but if I had changed it around the time I also changed the text, I expect that too would have been different in the preview grid.

As to how this relates to the OP's question, I can only guess, but I think I'll go for glitch, like the others.

Unfortunately I can't provide answers, only more questions.

I had a First Life pic set once upon a time, uploaded from my inventory and dragged across to the profile. Before web profiles (even those on search.secondlife) were a thing. I've a feeling this picture was deleted from my inventory at some point, though it still showed up in my profile.

Once Web profiles turned up, the link broke and my First Life pic disappeared. Couldn't see it in web profiles, my.secondlife or using the 'form' or old-style profiles. I shrugged and carried on.

However! Once every couple of months, I get an IM complimenting me on one of the features present in the First Life pic. It's not random guessing, some people can definitely still see my First Life pic. I've never really found out if there's any commonality between these people (the types of people who send these compliments... don't hang around for tech talk), but certainly most people can't see this image.

Maybe this confuses things further, or maybe I should start my own thread called Why half a profile pic? PUZZLES.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.