I Would Pay L$ or even REAL $ for a last name!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If LL feel they were losing people due to people not completing the registration process, perhaps they could have auto-generated a random last name upon registration.  The last names were quite fun and they definitely added to a character's personality. The new names are rather impersonal and bot-like.  Perhaps they'll reconsider one day.

Meg Marville wrote:

If LL feel they were losing people due to people not completing the registration process, perhaps they could have auto-generated a random last name upon registration.  The last names were quite fun and they definitely added to a character's personality. The new names are rather impersonal and bot-like.  Perhaps they'll reconsider one day.

We can only hope but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Awhile back Rod, I think...someone please correct me on this...said LL would consider bringing last names back and everyone got excited...then it didn't happen.

Found this thread where that was discussed in 2011.  On page 10 (in 2012) I was saying the same thing I just said in this thread. :(

They should just make the display names much more prominent. Make it so all viewers show just the display name and hide the real avatar names in the profiles and object details. Heck, I have turned off names so now I have to actually look at people and ask them, "who are you?"  and if someone IMs me I have to say, "where are you? I have no idea what you look like".

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe the Lindens already have too much money and they run this virtual world just for fun.

ps: I could sell you an avatar with a last time. I have a few extras. It's a probably a major hassle though to transfer an avatar to someone else. Plus, she come's with a first name as well.

Hmmm....gives me an idea for a new business venture: Avatar Trafficing...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Take residents unwanted avatars (paying them a flat fee to buy them), then sell the Avatars to residents for a profit. As creepy as it seems, there'd probably be a  good business for it...seeing how many older residents have ALTS they're not using and how many new residents would want to have a last name.

Anyone interested in investing???:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Although with my luck, they'd shut me down like the Mubai Prostitute Posters...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Tex Monday wrote:

Hmmm....gives me an idea for a new business venture: Avatar Trafficing...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Take residents unwanted avatars (paying them a flat fee to buy them), then sell the Avatars to residents for a profit. As creepy as it seems, there'd probably be a  good business for it...seeing how many older residents have ALTS they're not using and how many new residents would want to have a last name.

Anyone interested in investing???:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Although with my luck, they'd shut me down like the Mubai Prostitute Posters...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I have four alts with legacy names - each created for a specific purpose ie. a dedicated marketing alt for my shop before the number of groups were expanded to 42, etc.  Interesting proposition.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.