Basic Shaders WONT WORK!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry for the yelling, I am just really at my wits end. I have tried and tried to enable the basic shaders and atmospheric graphic options for some time now and every time I do it seems ok at first and I get pretty water and sand and then it will start to glitch a bit when I move or look at builds and then out of nowhere I crash. I also crash when I try to teleport when the shaders are enabled. I have been trying to figure this out to no avail. Could some one please help. I will post all the tech specs.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (2494.32 MHz)
Memory: 6014 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.2849
OpenGL Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2849

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: AnsaStorm (Bright Blue)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 1000
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Built with MSVC version 1600

Sorry for the yelling, I am just really at my wits end. I have tried and tried to enable the basic shaders and atmospheric graphic options for some time now and every time I do it seems ok at first and I get pretty water and sand and then it will start to glitch a bit when I move or look at builds and then out of nowhere I crash. I also crash when I try to teleport when the shaders are enabled. I have been trying to figure this out to no avail. Could some one please help. I will post all the tech specs.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (2494.32 MHz)
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: AnsaStorm (Bright Blue)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 1000
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Built with MSVC version 1600

Kenbro Utu wrote:

In fact, it's not a graphics card at all, it's an integrated graphics processor.  

Right...I still haven't installed my graphics card (don't ask...lol) so I'm running on integrated graphics myself.  While it is a HUGE step up from my graphics card on my old PC, I occasionally have issues with the shaders as well.

@OP - I had a LOT of trouble with the shaders when I tried using the CoolVL Viewer so I switched to Singularity and I can actually run the shaders if I want to without any trouble...definitely no crashing...so you might want to give that viewer a try if you haven't already.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

In fact, it's not a graphics card at all, it's an integrated graphics processor.  

Right...I still haven't installed my graphics card (don't ask...lol) so I'm running on integrated graphics myself.  While it is a HUGE step up from my graphics card on my old PC, I occasionally have issues with the shaders as well.

@OP - I had a LOT of trouble with the shaders when I tried using the CoolVL Viewer so I switched to Singularity and I can actually run the shaders if I want to without any trouble...definitely no crashing...so you might want to give that viewer a try if you haven't already.

I think there might be a statute of limitations on buying a graphics card and installing it.  You don't want the graphics police knocking on your door do you?

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I think there might be a statute of limitations on buying a graphics card and installing it.  You don't want the graphics police knocking on your door do you?

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Is that anything like tearing that tag off of pillows and mattresses? ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Is that anything like tearing that tag off of pillows and mattresses?
;)

Worse. Much worse.

I just checked the Federal Computer Upgrade Regulations. The rules clearly state that once purchased, a graphics card must be installed and working within 90 days.

You risk a visit from the Men in Black. A terrible thing to contemplate.

On the other hand....it might be Tommy Lee Jones...

Viktoria Stratten wrote:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (2494.32 MHz)

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Update your drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx 

Already lower you draw distance. This is already smth you want to run with high graphics or with basic shaders and atmospheric shaders on but you cant on top ask such draw distance.. lower it till 64 or 48 m.. and you ll win a few fps. However not enough.

Im running an almost similar laptop with same kind of graphic card than yours. 

I have no problem with firestorm, i rarely crash. BUT  i m totally aware about my comp limits and accept this fact. 

So i run with low graphics, without any shaders and it doesnt empeach me to enjoy a lot my SL. However i need to raise my graphic performances when i do photographies. So i do. I always have the statisticss window opened and then an eye on my fps. According to the fps i have at the moment i want to change my graphic performance, i raise it till ultra or less... sometimes really less, but still with basic and atmospherics shaders enabled. It works great, except i cant render shadows, and DOV neither materials, but i dont crash. The only thing is that it requieres patience, bec it often let me fall till 0.1 or 0.2 fps and so every mouse clic take ages to react. But it works.. Of course, no way i run with these settings if i need to move or chat.. i only do for photographies... my usual daily sl is with Low graphics

You have to find the setting that your comp allows and enjoy SL with that... SL is much more than just a beautiful screen in front of you.

Also maybe you could try Singularity and try with basic shaders enabled only and low draw distance, maybe it will work better for your comp.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.