Where'd the Neko's go?!

xXWhiteWolfXx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

xXWhiteWolfXx wrote:

I've recently started playing after a good year of inactivity. Some of the spots I use to go are gone now.
:(

Any fellow Neko's out there? Cause I'm having trouble finding you. lol

Looking for non-neko friends as well.
:)

IM me in game, Katia Ivano.

I think since the fad died a lot of people disappeared on top of that because it did become a fad a lot of people who WERE nekos got fed up and changed to something else. I sitll see them from time to time but not as often as I used to. I myself used to be a neko even had my avie included in the neko retrospective project in 2011 which was a fun one. :)me as a cyber neko, neko retrospective

I'm more often a demon now but every so often I'll still go back to neko.I just feel like that's not "me" any more because I've changed a lot as a person. For me my time as a neko represented a more "pure and innocent" me. I think that this sort of thing may have happened to many as well. But as a former neko to a new one I'd love to talk to you so feel free to message me anytime.

I was a neko before it was cool, lol. Still am, sometimes, but I have a lot of other avatars I use too. It mostly depends where I'm RPing at the moment. Unfortunately not as many RP sims allow nekos these days. But yeah, I like the concept, the half human half animal thing, get the best of two worlds. Of course a lot of nekos look terrible and have no idea how to put a decent avatar together, but whatever makes them happy.

Randall Ahren wrote:

What you need to be a neko:

1) Cat ears, preferably the twitchy kind;

2) Giant cat feet;

3) A large swishy tail; and

4) A lack of dignity and common sense.

One of items one through four above is in short supply, thereby causing a neko shortage.

Wow really? A lack of dignity and common sense? Because being a demon/furry/whatever is indective of more common sense? As a former neko I find this insulting. I dressed as a neko because I associate with the personality of cats ( I was generally aloof and liked to be on my own that is) also I thought the look was cute and it was something i liked. Just like you like being a human. Or is the assumption we are to draw here that being a human in sl is somehow superior to being anything else? Because I fail to see that logic. IMO why being something I could be IRL when I could be something fantastical.

Nyx Karas wrote:

Of course a lot of nekos look terrible and have no idea how to put a decent avatar together, but whatever makes them happy.

I was going to say that buuut I thought I wouldn't. lol I think a lot of newcomers like to be nekos is why. It's something they know about from tv (Anime, josie and the pussycats, etc.) so they try it out to be "diffrent".

Randall Ahren wrote:

What you need to be a neko:

2) Giant cat feet;

4) A lack of dignity and common sense.

One of items one through four above is in short supply, thereby causing a neko shortage.

Very insulting. Even for an advisor....and typical for the behaviour of a lot of residents nowadays.

Based on several of the replies to my post, it seems there was an error in the list. What you need to be a neko (corrected):

2) Giant cat feet;
4) A lack of dignity and common a sense of humor.

ps: I like nekos. They make me laugh everytime I see one.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Based on several of the replies to my post, it seems there was an error in the list. What you need to be a neko (corrected):

2) Giant cat feet;

4) A lack of
dignity and common
a
sense
of
humor

Well, although I am not a Neko, I do have a sense of humor.

Your original post had none in it that any one else could decipher even if it was obvious to your self.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

2) Giant cat feet;

4) A lack of
dignity and common
a
sense
of
humor

Your original post had none in it that any one else could decipher even if it was obvious to your self.

I'm also still reading "they make me laugh everytime I see one" in combination with the previous "a lack of diginity and common sense" and kinda finding it insulting. It's kind of hard to move away from that original statement. It doesn't read as humor but as a I'm better then you statement. So I'm gonna agree here Perrie and say that it lacked humor to began with and still does. Very bad taste in this case.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

2) Giant cat feet;

4) A lack of
dignity and common
a
sense
of
humor

I don't think so:

xxxx xxxx: Wanted to say, I enjoy reading your blogs.

Randall Ahren: Cool. I need more readers.

xxxx xxxx: smiles

Randall Ahren: Did you think my posts about Nekos was funny?

xxxx xxxx: it made me giggle hard yes I did

Randall Ahren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

2) Giant cat feet;

4) A lack of
dignity and common
a
sense
of
humor

I don't think so:

xxxx xxxx: Wanted to say, I enjoy reading your blogs.

Randall Ahren: Cool. I need more readers.

xxxx xxxx: smiles

Randall Ahren: Did you think my posts about Nekos was funny?

xxxx xxxx: it made me giggle hard yes I did

A.   A person who is familiar with how you write.

B.   If I disliked Neko's I guess I would have chuckled at your post also.  So humor in a way may be the eye of the beholder.

C.   Or maybe they were laughing at you.

When I first started SL, I thought Neko was silly, but a Mistress "turned" me into one. I fell in love with the twitchy ears and big swishy tail. The Mistress is ancient history, but I'm still Neko. Of course i'm not a "real" Neko, i just wear the ears and tail and sometimes the giant cat paw boots because they are fun. :)

• 3 weeks later...

after 2 years of absent , i came back to explore the game 2 days ago ,funny thing is ,i was wondering the same question as well , i was told by a friend who is still active that nekohas die down slowly about 2 years ago , this is really sad to know , once i was out of my noob period i am always dress in neko , why , because i like it and where can you be a neko but only in SL , i dont care what other said , i am neko and always will be a neko unless lag then i will take off my nail then , lol

can anyone tell me where is our extinct neko hang out now aday ? hehe ,hate to use that word but lets look at it this way , we are unique , lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.