Object Scanner & Notify

CandiZazzles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been working on a script for a personal project but can't seem to get it right

I need it to auto scan the sim for a certain object prim name as soon as it rezzes and I would like it to notify me via local with a TP to the exact location of the prim found even if i am off of the sim that the "scanner" is at. 

Any help or advice would be helpful :)

{
	touch_start(integer obj)
	{
		llSensor("",NULL_KEY,PASSIVE|ACTIVE,20.0,PI);
	}

sensor(integer num_detected)
	{
		integer i;
		string display = "";

for(i = 0; i < num_detected; i++)
		{
			string name;

name = llDetectedName (i);
			// or ..= llToLower (llDetectedName(i)); for caseless search

if (llSubStringIndex(name, "SPECIAL OBJECT") == 0) // starts with 'SPECIAL OBJECT'? (or != -1 for anywhere)
			{
				display = name + " " + (string)llDetectedPos(i) + "\n" + display;
			}
		}

if (display != "")
		{
			llOwnerSay (display);
		}
		else
		{
			llOwnerSay ("No SPEICAL OBJECT's found in " + (string)num_detected + " objects!");
		}
	}

no_sensor()
	{
		llOwnerSay("Nothing?");
	}
}

Unsure what you're attempting to do, but as Profaitchikenz Haiku said, you need to scan continously- the code you have is a one shot affair.

Also, there is no need to gather all the info of nearby objects and then look for a specific name, just scan fot that name to begin with. That is what the first parameter of those function calls are about.

Yes, the object needs to continuously keep scanning even after it finds the certain object. The name that its searching for would never change.. and I need a function to send a landmark to the location where it found the prim even if I am away off of the sim.

something like this...?

this will send a clickable TP link to the object every 30 seconds..

you could make a list and a toggle to only be notified once per obj tho :)

vector pos;integer num;string region;integer k;key id;default{    state_entry()    {     region = llEscapeURL( llGetRegionName() );    }    touch_start(integer obj)    {      id = llDetectedKey(0);      if(id == llGetOwner() )     {         k = !k;        if(k)        {         llOwnerSay("ON");         llSensorRepeat("SPECIAL OBJECT", "",PASSIVE|ACTIVE, 20.0, PI, 30.0);        }        else        {  llOwnerSay("OFF"); llSensorRemove();}      }    }    sensor(integer num_detected)    {        num = num_detected;        integer i;        for(i = 0; i < num_detected; i++)        {         pos = llDetectedPos(i);         llInstantMessage( llGetOwner(), "\nClick link below to Teleport to SPECIAL OBJECT         \n secondlife:///app/teleport/" + region +          "/"+(string)llRound(pos.x)+ "/" +(string)llRound(pos.y)+ "/" +(string)llRound(pos.z));         }    }    no_sensor()    {     llOwnerSay ("No SPEICAL OBJECT's found in " + (string)num + " objects!");    }}

CandiZazzles wrote:

Thanks Xiija for your help! :catvery-happy: 

The only problem I see with that script is its searching for any owner by the name of the certain prim. I'm trying to make it to where it will only search for my objects and no one elses. 

In that case, you'll need to filter the results in your sensor event with an extra if test to ask

if (llGetOwnerKey(llDetectedKey(0) ) == llGetOwner() )

to eliminate all detected objects that are not yours.  Of course, that means the results of the no_sensor event will not always be true, since no_sensor will only fire if there are no objects of any kind detected. If it's important to have that message, you'll have to put a new flag in the sensor event to let you know when no detected objects pass the new filter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.