Avatar not loading completely in SSA/SSB enabled sim

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For whatever reason when I log in on an SSA/SSB enabled sim only the top half of my avatar rezzes from the waist down excluding attachments is gray.

If I go to or log in on a non enabled sim my avi loads fine.

Other peoples avis look fine to me, just my own is messed up :/

Singularity Viewer 1.8.0 (4686) Jul 17 2013 19:11:44 (Singularity Alpha)

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2799.99 MHz)
Memory: 3840 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (Build 6000) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.0024
OpenGL Version: 4.0.9836 Compatibility Profile Context

Not the newest or greatest but it works fine

Sim is Sabra located at sim10350.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.72:13015)
Second Life RC Magnum 13.07.15.278606

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

In this case we also need region names. So, if you open your viewer and log into the region where you had the problem, the region information will be included with the server version. You can also see the RC Channel Name embedded in the server info.

You can try the old standby quick fixes for avatar rez problems:

1. Change your active group or group tag.
  2. Press rebake (Ctrl-Alt-R) once a minute for 3 minutes.
  3. Change your bald.
  4. Change your shape.
  5. Move to another region and try 1 to 4 again.
  6. Still failing, turn off HTTP Get Texture. – Debug Settings: ImagePipelineUseHTTP = False.
  7. With HTTP Get off, press rebake once a minute for 3 minutes. Once baked correctly change ImagePipelineUseHTTP back to TRUE.

Depending on which region you are in these will or won't work all that well. When those fail, check your connection as it is the most likely problem: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

Doing as you suggested:

1. does nothing.

2. nothing

3. nothing

4. nothing

5. as I stated going to a non ssa sim fixes it, coming back sometimes I stay properly baked and sometimes it goes back to half gray. But tried it anyway, about the same, it's a coin toss if I stay baked properly or not.

6. Had that off for a long time now.

7.N/A

I even tried right clicking and selecting refresh, a feature singularity has, nothing.

Iif it was a connection issue it why does it only happen in SSA enabled sims.

Also, going into edit aperance fixes it, but it goes back when exiting it.

Someone in the singularity chatroom said rebaking doesn't work on SSA enabled sims.

*Looks like it was a bad alpha layer, took off all my clothes and bottom half of skin loaded properly.

LadyWriter wrote: [...] 
Wait a minute, isn't the whole point of SSB [...]

Of finished, polished & thoroughly tested SSB, yes. We're not there yet, which is why it's being rolled out progressively, so that newly found bugs are analyzed and fixed.

There is currently one issue with SSB:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SUN-98

Basically if you have a clothing layer that references a bad texture, it causes that whole body section to go grey. In the past, bad textures were ignored. So all you need to do is find out which item you're wearing that has a bad texture, and remove it. (Bad textures usually display as all grey).

Also it would be good to report the name and creator of the bad item on that JIRA, so they know this isn't an isolated incident. The more reports, the more likely it will be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Drakeo wrote:

3 days ago since ssb has been enabled  the grey issue has become worse  may want to look at the sims config lindens. This really defeats the purpose of the whole project.

1) SSA is currently only in use on about 25% of regions - the Magnum test channel (roughly 15% of the grid) and the LeTigre test channel ( roughly 10% of the grid.)

2) Magnum has had the SSA code running since two weeks ago Wednesday; LeTigre since a week ago Wednesday.

3) Magnum and LeTigre are updated on Wednesdays along with the non-SSA-enabled BlueSteel regions (another 10% of the grid) -  the other 65% of the grid is called the Main Channel and is updated on Tuesdays. The Main Channel isn't running SSA and never has.

THEREFORE:

Any difference you saw starting three days ago isn't because of SSA. Nothing regarding SSA changed from the previous week.

• 1 month later...

I hope i'm posting this in the correct section,

Hey all sorry to bother you, im having trouble seeing others, Currently running Imprudence 1.4.0 version which is SSE2 optimized for performance.. I can see all of you in Grey  or Silver, and the rest of you can see me as smoke or a tic tac. 

Otherwise i see myself loading completely , while the rest of you can't even see me correct, I can see all of you...

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

I have no problems with SSA or SSE2 i don't show up as smoke i rebake almost instantly.

My Computer is a 96' Compaq Presario, 

specs are: 

Processor: Intel®Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz  2.99GHz

Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic.

Jaffee Gaffer wrote:

So, here we are in September now and SSA/SSB isn't working well at all.  It;s not my vewers or my connection.  It's LL's crappy code, as usual.  But it's okay, having a gray head for hours is an improvement I suppose.

I wonder why that "LL's crappy code" works perfectly well on my computer? No issues with SSA. And lot's of people have said that SSA works ok for them too.

So, maybe it indeed is your computer / connection / router issue after all?

Edit:

Anyway, it could be that the code suffers from favouritism.

Works well on most computers, but not in some computers?

:smileyindifferent: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.