Am I Naked?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Question - so if I create an outfit using that method - does it create a folder within the outfit folder, much like the folders I manually create under outfits?  Also, using my system, I have categories of clothes such as: Victorian, 1920's, 1930's, (etc. for the vintage clothes), Casual Dresses, Evening Gowns, etc.  Will the Outfit folder allow that kind of organization?

Here some screenshots. Maybe these will make the idea of outfits clear.

On the left, outfits how they look in the inventory window. On the right how they look in "Appearance, Outfits" panel tab.

Outfits-1.jpg

Below I have clicked on an outfit to open it to show its contents.

On left how it looks in the inventory window, on thew right how it looks in "Appearance, Outfits" panel tab.

In the inventory window you can see a little arrow on each item's icon. It means that it is a link to the item's "home" location in the inventory. Thus the same item can be used in many outfits, no need to create multiple copies of the item. As I said earlier, this is great for no copy items.

Outfits-2.jpg

The outfits must always be created by the "Save As" button in the "Appearance, Outfits" panel. You wear any mixed stuff from your inventory. When ready, just click the "Save As" button, give it a descriptive name. Done, the outfit is saved.

Things to note:

We cannot create subfolders under any outfit, all will be under the same main level under Outfits.

We cannot create outfits manually in the inventory window under "Outfits" folder. Just to test this I created manually in the inventory under "Outfits" folder a "01-WEAPONS: CornerStone:CS v1.37 - Fighting Sword" folder. As you can see it does not have that clothes hanger icon in the inventory. And that folder does not appear at all in "Appearance, Outfits" panel.

So, we cannot (for example) create "CASUAL OUTFITS" folder under "Outfits" folder in inventory and the try to create all casual outfit sub-subfolders under that "CASUAL OUTFITS" subfolder. Thus making category folders under "Outfits" does not work.

I hope I was clear enough, not making mistakes in my explanation... :smileytongue:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Malanya wrote:

I don't blame you a list of delightful men would be far more fun that being on her spanking list OR her nakie statue.. you know she is bad lol

I know a few of you feisty redheads, don't change your haircolor
:)

Oh don't worry about the hair color change. *Grins*  In fact, on the what do you never change thread that is what I wrote, except there was the time I went to a Baroque Ball and did wear a powdered wig but that covered my red hair. *Nods solemnly*

All this talk of spanking and naked statues is concerning me a bit.  Knew there was a reason I stayed parked in my skyhome.
;)
Yes I saw you are strictly a redhead in that thread lol. Might need to be around some of the people here, not trying to out anyone (trin) as you are a tough bunch to crack.

The spanking and naked statues would make me leary too. Hope you locked that skybox
:P

Traitor !

i see you take benefit i was sleeping under the table (totally drunk, i admit it, i drank the whole bowl of punt... btw it was a great one, hips ! And thank you, you didnt came to bring me to my bed... i woke up hiting my head on the wood of the table :smileyfrustrated:. i wont forget ) ... so you take benefit about that for comploting against me with Czari in this thread.....

She may lock her skybox... ill laydown at her door... she will find me everytime she will go out...

/me opens a new book and writes on the first page : "Malanya's spank list"... then turn the page and add "2 spanks : 1 for betraying me while im sleeping, 1 for not having brought me back to bed while i was under the table"

And you wonder why I don't want to go to parties or gatherings?  LOL

Coby Foden wrote:

Things to note:

We cannot create subfolders under any outfit, all will be under the same main level under Outfits.

Thank you Coby...great explanation and I learn well with "visuals."

For the reason you stated above, I won't be using the Outfit feature.  Because I participate in a variety of sim themes and have clothes specific to each, the ability to group outfits under sub-categories is VERY important to me.  If I'm going dancing, I don't have to look through all my dresses, only those in the "Ballroom Gown" category, etc.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Things to note:

For the reason you stated above, I won't be using the Outfit feature.  Because I participate in a variety of sim themes and have clothes specific to each, the ability to group outfits under sub-categories is VERY important to me.  If I'm going dancing, I don't have to look through all my dresses, only those in the "Ballroom Gown" category, etc.

Czari, you can achieve what you want by naming the outfits appropriately. I prepend my outfit names with category names. So I've got outfits that start with "Dancing-...", "Casual-...", "Nefarious-...", etc.

That makes it fairly easy to find an outfit. The benefits of outfits make it worth that extra effort for me.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Czari, you can achieve what you want by naming the outfits appropriately. I prepend my outfit names with category names. So I've got outfits that start with "Dancing-...", "Casual-...", "Nefarious-...", etc.

That makes it fairly easy to find an outfit. The benefits of outfits make it worth that extra effort for me.

Yes indeed. That's what I do too, starting outfit name with a category name.

Even though outfits don't have subfolder feature it still is a great feature.

A lifesaver for me as I want to "mix and match" a lot. No need for multiple copies of items. :smileyhappy:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Things to note:

It's a preference thing.  I like the way I'm doing it. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.