Am I Naked?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now that I have your attention :smileyvery-happy:...

I'm using the Singularity viewer and each time I log on I get this message:

Could not put on outfit.

The outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts, or attachments.

I see myself fully dressed but am I appearing nakkie to others?  What I have been doing just to make sure is taking off and putting back on each item I'm wearing.

I see a "My Outfits" folder.  I have just recently begun using the new viewers due to previous old hardware so I don't know how this outfits folder works.

Any info/explanation is most appreciated. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL oh you are a tricky one with that title. I use Firestorm, but I have seen the Singulatiry interface. I am not sure why you are getting the error, I was getting an error for a few days that gesters were not loading and a friend of mine had one saying AO posing not loading.I realize it's not the same, I am just thinking that with new viewer releases and LL code some things are glitched at first.

The My Outfits folder will contain outfits you put together and saved, you just take on e of the folders, right click and choose "replace new outfit" from the menu. Are you able to create the outfits? The way I have seen it done First dress your av and add any attachments you want. After your av is dressed you right click your av, choose appearance and the edit window ill come up. The lower left portion of that window has the "make outfit" option which will bring up another window showing everything your av is wearing and then you name your outfit and click save. Hope that helps!

edit I just realized that you are probably get that message because you have no saved outfits in your folder. Just a guess.

You shouldn't be getting that message at all.  If your inventory shows you wearing things you shouldn't be naked.  You don't have to use the outfit folder if you don't want to.  I rarely do unless I am putting something together that I will need to change into quickly later in the day because I like to mix and match things depending on my mood when I am dressing and have a lot of options to choose from to accessorize so that I rarely wear the same combinations.  Using the outfit folder is no guarantee that you won't see yourself clothed but other's see you naked anyway. 

I've never gotten that message. It's probably a bug in the Singularity viewer.  You may want to report it to the developers.

Malanya wrote:

LOL oh you are a tricky one with that title. I use Firestorm, but I have seen the Singulatiry interface. I am not sure why you are getting the error, I was getting an error for a few days that gesters were not loading and a friend of mine had one saying AO posing not loading.I realize it's not the same, I am just thinking that with new viewer releases and LL code some things are glitched at first.

The My Outfits folder will contain outfits you put together and saved, you just take on e of the folders, right click and choose "replace new outfit" from the menu. Are you able to create the outfits? The way I have seen it done First dress your av and add any attachments you want. After your av is dressed you right click your av, choose appearance and the edit window ill come up. The lower left portion of that window has the "make outfit" option which will bring up another window showing everything your av is wearing and then you name your outfit and click save. Hope that helps!

edit I just realized that you are probably get that message because you have no saved outfits in your folder. Just a guess.

Thanks, Malanya.  I have put outfits together in folders, but just as regular folders under my inventory and putting copies of the skin, hair, eyes, shoes, jewelry, etc. in it but, according to your explanation, the viewer/server wouldn't "know" those. I do know how to make an outfit and "Save as Outfit" using "Edit Appearance."  Once I do that, will those outfits appear in the "My Outfits" folder?

Juuuuust wanted to make sure before I venture out into public that it's not one of those things where I see myself dressed and others don't.

I had an embarrassing situation about three years ago.  Met a guy one night while out dancing.  He asked if we could go to one of the garden sims such as "The Forest" the next night to talk and get to know each other.  He met me at a little Japanese garden area I enjoy.  I was using pre-mesh Phoenix (will it was before mesh to begin with) and looked fine..to me.  He said, "Although this is a pleasant sight, do you mean to be topless?"  I said I wasn't; he said I was and took a photo of me to prove it.  ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!  I asked what viewer he was using and it was the LL viewer.  I logged off, logged onto it and, sure enough...nakkie.  (I was still standing with the guy in the garden.)  While I was on the LL viewer I put on a different top and made sure it was visible before switching back to Phoenix.

After that, I'm not about to go strolling around SL if my viewer is telling me I'm not dressed.  :matte-motes-agape:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You shouldn't be getting that message at all.  If your inventory shows you wearing things you shouldn't be naked.  You don't have to use the outfit folder if you don't want to.  I rarely do unless I am putting something together that I will need to change into quickly later in the day because I like to mix and match things depending on my mood when I am dressing and have a lot of options to choose from to accessorize so that I rarely wear the same combinations.  Using the outfit folder is no guarantee that you won't see yourself clothed but other's see you naked anyway. 

I've never gotten that message. It's probably a bug in the Singularity viewer.  You may want to report it to the developers.

Ah great!  I would rather not use the outfit folder either as I already have my outfits set up the way I want them in inventory.  Heading to the Singularity website.

Czari..... I just remind you that we canceled the audition for naked party long time ago. Phil was the sole applicant and but we canceled it . 

So now you want to apply yourself ? 

@ Malanya... ah i didnt tell you, but yesterday you were naked for Herk and I all the time we chated in the gallery... Now im just wondering that it wasnt maybe not on purpose :smileytongue:

Yes once you save as the outfit should appear in the outfits folder with the given name of the outfit you created. I like to use the outfits folder, I do not always keep the same attachments on, jewelry, top, etc, so I will change that after I wear the out and either save it as another version or not. I usually always change something but I have found that using the outfits folder saves a lot of time for me. I have many sub folders for clothes and also by designer but I have a large inventory and hate to have to search around, It's preference using that folder :)

As I mentioned about the message you received along with the ones me and my friend received I thought it may be a glitch but it has stopped only 1 day it happened. I still believe that if your My Outfits folder is empty you may get that message, I am sure the Singularity website would help more than I ever could. I didn't mean to assume you didn't know how to make an outfit using my appearance lol because it's very different from Firestorm and if I had not seen my friends viewer I would have idea.

I can relate to being nakie on someone's screen and dressed on mine, wow what a fun experience huh? LOL. I will never use the LL viewer, never lol. I hope you get it all fixed and you won't be strolling around sl nakie!! 

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari..... I just remind you that we canceled the audition for naked party long time ago. Phil was the sole applicant and but we canceled it . 

@ Malanya... ah i didnt tell you, but yesterday you were naked for Herk and I all the time we chated in the gallery... Now im just wondering that it wasnt maybe not on purpose :smileytongue:

Ohhh what kind of viewer is Herk using? One that strips av's lol .... and you and him didn't tell me Ha! You are both pervs? You are bad girlie ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Nooooooooo...and I'm not naked...Singularity just thinks I am.
;)

Too late, girl... i just asked Phil if he was ok to switch roles with you so he will be the judge and you will be the candidate and he said yes ! :smileytongue:

Malanya wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Ohhh what kind of viewer is Herk using? One that strips av's lol .... and you and him didn't tell me Ha! You are both pervs? You are bad girlie
;)

thats not me ! im totally inocent as usually , you know this... he forced me to not tell you... i had no choice... you know how he s mercyless with me...:smileytongue:

Malanya wrote:

I didn't mean to assume you didn't know how to make an outfit using my appearance lol because it's very different from Firestorm and if I had not seen my friends viewer I would have idea.

I didn't take it that way. :)  I'm waiting to try Firestorm after I get the new PSU and graphics card issue completed, then I'm going to log in with an alt when I have lots of time and sloooowwwlly try to figure it out....my mind can only take in so much at at time...heh.

Malanya wrote:

I can relate to being nakie on someone's screen and dressed on mine, wow what a fun experience huh? LOL. I will never use the LL viewer, never lol. I hope you get it all fixed and you won't be strolling around sl nakie!! 

I was mortified, especially since it was someone I'd just met the night before.  He seemed to be enjoying it though.  When I switched to the LL viewer to see what he saw and said I was putting on a different top he said, "Must you?" :matte-motes-mad:

Same with LL viewer - haven't used it since late 2007.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Nooooooooo...and I'm not naked...Singularity just thinks I am.
;)

Too late, girl... i just asked Phil if he was ok to switch roles with you so he will be the judge and you will be the candidate and he said yes ! :smileytongue:

I didn't volunteer and was not consulted, therefore the contest is null and void.  Where is 16 as my attorney??? ;)

well im afraid you no longer have attorney.. 16 left SL some monthes ago for a new job RL...

you say you didnt voluntered but its wrong.. The whole purpose of this thread was for applying... dont say no... noone will believe you....:smileyvery-happy:

That's said its a funny way to celebrate your new comp anyway... Or i may hire you as a naked statue for the oppening party of my gallery that will happen soon... i have to talk about this with the gallery team then

Whoa.. totally innocent? Was I not there yesterday? Hmmm.. so he forced you eh after the spanking or before?? :matte-motes-agape: I will make sure since you didn't tell me, if I see you nakie I will TP everyone I know so we can all sit and chat.. haha

@Czari, Oh I know you didn't take it that way lol, I just felt I gave a really long, maybe too detailed explanation for you. Men.. meh :)

Yes I am the bad one .. you let me sit nakie and tell me some silly story that Herk is merciless.. pffft. I see how you forced found the naked statue for the party, seems to have just fallen in your lap. Btw, the spank list will take you 2 years to get through with Herk so I am not worried at all :P

Malanya wrote:

Yes I am the bad one .. you let me sit nakie and tell me some silly story that Herk is merciless.. pffft. I see how you
forced
 found the naked statue for the party, seems to have just fallen in your lap. Btw, the spank list will take you 2 years to get through with Herk so I am not worried at all
:P

ahahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahah ! you kept the best for the end girl  and made me laugh hard ! yes ! indeed ! it will take me long with Herk but i have multitasking skills, you know.. i may spank you both at once or alternatively... im creative... ill find a solution :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

awwww ! how bad you are with me ....

See i found a naked statue for the oppening party and see how you reward me ? .....

i think its time i start a spank list for you on top of the one (full one) i have already for Herk ! :smileyvery-happy:

No you have NOT found a naked statue (if you're referring to me).

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

awwww ! how bad you are with me ....

See i found a naked statue for the oppening party and see how you reward me ? .....

i think its time i start a spank list for you on top of the one (full one) i have already for Herk ! :smileyvery-happy:

No you have NOT found a naked statue (if you're referring to me).

Awwww ... you too ? you too will start to be bad with me ? 

:smileysad:

Well since you both are so bad with me, im revenging on the buffet at the gallery... im eating all the appetizers, the cookies aswell and drinking all the Champagne.... 

i think i start feeling myself a lil flying... must be the Champagne :smileywink:

when you will come back, you will only find empty bottles and plates.... and probably me sleeping below the table :smileytongue:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Well since you both are so bad with me, im revenging on the buffet at the gallery... im eating all the appetizers, the cookies aswell and drinking all the Champagne.... 

i think i start feeling myself a lil flying... must be the Champagne :smileywink:

when you will come back, you will only find empty bottles and plates.... and probably me sleeping below the table :smileytongue:

LOL how did that champagne taste? You may have not realized I drank it all yesterday (while you and Herk were deep in conversation about not telling me I was naked) so I didn't want to be rude and I filled the empty bottle with...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.