Is there such a place

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So as most of you know I lost my sister recently. She was my best friend and also introduced me to sl. Ive cried a million times to my friends in rl and I don't want to burden them anymore. Is there a place in sl that one could talk and grieve with others. I know it might sound stupid but being around others who understand where I am coming from and I don't have to put a fake happy mask on for would be nice.. Even a relief. 

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

So as most of you know I lost my sister recently. She was my best friend and also introduced me to sl. Ive cried a million times to my friends in rl and I don't want to burden them anymore. Is there a place in sl that one could talk and grieve with others. I know it might sound stupid but being around others who understand where I am coming from and I don't have to put a fake happy mask on for would be nice.. Even a relief. 

Hi Sephina. I lost my sister a year ago and I still grieve. If you would like to get together IM me inworld. It would help to have someone to talk to that understands what I am feeling.

It doesn't sound stupid at all Sephina. I just had the anniversaries of both my parents passing, very close together, to this day I still have a hard time on those days. Feel free to IM me if you want to go somewhere and talk, I would enjoy that :)

*Hugs*

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

As I've said before, Seph, I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I did a quick search and found a number of groups under "Counseling Services" or "Group Counseling". I did also find a place called "NewWays Counseling and Support" (located Hauwai (50, 198, 92)). I can't vouch for the place..or if there's anyone there or if they can even help...I just went and did a search. I have also heard of counselors in SL who you can talk to...do not know what they charge though.

Anyway...hope all those options help, Seph. If you need anything else, let me know...

Hello,

Sorry to be responding so late, just now seeing this.   I have a notecard of grief and memorial sims and groups; I've recently verified that the LM's are active, or they were a month or so ago.  I'll send to you inworld later this evening.  So sorry for your loss of your sister, that's hard.  (((hugs))))

My older sister was taken by cancer in 2006. When I want to spend some time alone with her I like to visit the Linden Memorial Park off the north shore of Corsica continent. It's a beautiful and tasteful setup. I sometimes do it in connection with a lengthy sailing trip from my home on Nautilus, which sets me in the right mood.

It's maybe not what the OP had in mind as I dunno if there is any "therapy group" or stuff but I find it helpful for myself as I don't really wanna talk in those moments anyway. I'll have a silent discussion with my sister while I wander along all the gravestones and memorials. And then it's time to jump on my boat, go fight with banlines and laggy sims and sail back into the HOO! and YAY! of SL.

I like the Linden Memorial Park, too.  It was included in the list of places I sent to Sephina; I hope she finds some comfort.  And to you too, sorry for the loss of your sister.   What can seem like many years is really only a blink of an eye in memories........Take care of you.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.