Worst Company In America : BOA Vs. EA !?!?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I voted for BOA cause I am a former customer and I hate them. I stupidly banked with them twice. The first time was from about 1999-2000 and they were constantly messing up with my account and countless others to the point of a class action law suit against them. A few years later, I had moved to another state and they were the only bank I was familiar with, so I decided to give them a try thinking since the law suit they had cleaned up their act. I actually had no problems a couple of years until I decided to close the account and go with another bank that had much better perks. Instead of closing the account, they continued to pay automatic drafts that had also been canceled, including AOL (remember them?) even though I never made another deposit and kept calling and going into the bank to get this account closed once and for all!. It was a mess and was next to impossible to clear everything up. BOA still claims I owe them money which I refuse to pay. They will never see so much as a nickel from me. I am very good at managing money, so when a company messes up my money...well there is no excuse for it. I am just thankful that I don't have a mortgage or car loan with them. I can't imagine what kind of nightmare that must be!

EA gets my vote hands down. I have no dealings with BOA that I am aware of.

I greatly anticipated SimCity for its known gaming value. Not their version of what I should experience.

Besides.. always connected means a world not a game :)

SimCity is a GAME.

EA? you've destroyed it forever.

I have personally never had any dealing with EA...don't do much in gaming anymore since SL took over my life...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

BOA, on the other hand, sucks wet sweat socks!!! I have had a few dealings with them as a company and have a friend who is a manager at one of their branches.

2-4-6-8

Who do we want to decimate??!!

BOA!!!!

BOA!!!

YEAH BOA!!!!

(makes me wish I had any kind of artistic talent to put a cheerleader AV in here....)

Staralien wrote:

I voted for BOA cause I am a former customer and I hate them. I stupidly banked with them twice. The first time was from about 1999-2000 and they were constantly messing up with my account and countless others to the point of a class action law suit against them. A few years later, I had moved to another state and they were the only bank I was familiar with, so I decided to give them a try thinking since the law suit they had cleaned up their act. I actually had no problems a couple of years until I decided to close the account and go with another bank that had much better perks. Instead of closing the account, they continued to pay automatic drafts that had also been canceled, including AOL (remember them?) even though I never made another deposit and kept calling and going into the bank to get this account closed once and for all!. It was a mess and was next to impossible to clear everything up. BOA still claims I owe them money which I refuse to pay. They will never see so much as a nickel from me. I am very good at managing money, so when a company messes up my money...well there is no excuse for it. I am just thankful that I don't have a mortgage or car loan with them. I can't imagine what kind of nightmare that must be!

i would have picked them also..

they have been my bank for a long time and yes,..they used to mess my stuff up all the time..

but where i am ..you have onyl a couple of choices..local bank which the grocery stores don't even take their card..

or the nation wide bank that if you go anywhere you can use thier card.

but they really sucked..

i can't tell you how many times i went in their temper flaring because they messed something up..

they are a bit better now..but i still watch them like a hawk..and any time i walk in there  right away someone comes up and asks me if everything is alright..

you know you've been in there a lot if they start meeting you right when you walk in to see if you are in a good or bad mood on this trip lol

Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

As a non-American I was puzzled why you were getting at
, despite the fact that her career in America bombed out, and pleasingly she has now returned to her roots.

She seems like a nice girl...wonder why she would be up for Worst Company in America??? :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

EA got the golden poo again:

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

I do know, that the result is a simple vote count, but nevertheless, I disagree with the result.
Why, you may ask? When a games company screws up, the worst that could happen is fifty bucks down the drain.
And it is software, so any issues are fixable. However, when a bank screws up - and the Bank of America screwed up a lot -
then the result is devastating for the victim. Many homeowners lost their home in the robosigning scandal,
BoA foreclosed homes they had absolutely no rights over, then the zombie account issue, stuff that is unthinkable here in
Germany. If a customer over here closes a bank account, the account IS closed and STAYS closed. Every order coming
in after closure date is denied. 100%.

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

EA got the golden poo again:

I do know, that the result is a simple vote count, but nevertheless, I disagree with the result.

Why, you may ask? When a games company screws up, the worst that could happen is fifty bucks down the drain.

And it is software, so any issues are fixable. However, when a bank screws up - and the Bank of America screwed up a lot -then the result is devastating for the victim. Many homeowners lost their home in the robosigning scandal,

BoA foreclosed homes they had absolutely no rights over, then the zombie account issue, stuff that is unthinkable here in Germany. If a customer over here closes a bank account, the account IS closed and STAYS closed. Every order coming in after closure date is denied. 100%.

that's true..and as I said earlier, I agree with you. But I think you have to see who's doing the voting. A number of people might use Bank of America, but I would venture to guess more of them have had horrible experiences with EA...thus the final result: EA beats BOA. Now, if they did that same poll with people around my age (late 40's), you'd probably have a completely different result.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.