Is there a way to get rid of the buttons at the bottom of the screen?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought an AH-1 Supercobra, which I'm really enjoying, but for the HUD being partially hidden by the buttons at the bottom of my viewer screen. The HUD is no-modify, so I can't even move it above those buttons. So, the only other thing I can think of is get rid of those buttons that cover up the bottom row of buttons on my HUD.

I'm quite new to SL, so I don't know these kinds of things yet, but I'm really wanting to either move those buttons or get rid of them. How would I do that?

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

I just bought an AH-1 Supercobra, which I'm really enjoying, but for the HUD being partially hidden by the buttons at the bottom of my viewer screen. The HUD is no-modify, so I can't even move it above those buttons. So, the only other thing I can think of is get rid of those buttons that cover up the bottom row of buttons on my HUD.

I'm quite new to SL, so I don't know these kinds of things yet, but I'm really wanting to either move those buttons or get rid of them. How would I do that?

Which viewer hun

Alternatively, detach your HUD then click on it in your inventory.  *There should be options for "Attach HUD" and you can select from Top, Top Middle, Bottom, etc.  Also, the HUD being no mod shouldn't have anything to do with being able to move it on your screen.  I have various HUDS that I click on to bring up the Build Menu.  There will be red, green & blue arrows around your HUD.  Grab the arrow for the direction you want to reposition the HUD.

*I'm still using a version 1.x viewer so the menus may be someplace different on the viewer you are using.  If so, hopefully someone will correct this. :)

And welcome to SL. :)

If it's the same as mine, have you tried clicking the up/down and instr/gauges areas of the HUD yet?  The HUD will pop up and display over the bar at the bottom of the UI.

Also, be sure to read the help notecard to find the key shortcuts so you won't have to click the HUD all the time.

Also, if you happen to see me flying mine, be sure to stay really still and don't shoot back.

To move a button, assuming you are using the official viewer or something based on it (any graphical viewer other than Cool VL, Singularity or Phoenix, that is, I think), you simply left click on the button you want to move, keep the mouse key held down, and drag the button to the left- or right-hand side of the screen and drop it there.

Alternatively, you can right-click and choose "Remove this button" to remove it altogether.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.