cant see attached hud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HUDs sometimes attach 'out of view', the cure is easy but involves wearing one that you CAN see as well.

Attach anything you can see in a HUD position, as well as the boat's HUD.

Right-click and 'edit' the HUD that you can see then scroll-back your mouse wheel.  That shrinks the HUD area, increasing the field-of-view and should allow you to see when the naughty boat HUD is hiding.  Click on that HUD to make it the edit focus and drag it into position within the HUD area.

Detach the HUD and re-attach to make sure it comes back in the right position

• Like 1

In addition to the excellent advice Peter gave you, if you don't find it out of the view range on the screen, it may be rotated so that the face of it is on facing you and you can't see it. I've had this happen before.   Look in your inventory when you have attached it and see where it attached on your screen  The position will be noted next to the name of the HUD.  Look carefully in that area for anything that is attached there and if you see anything, click it go to edit and rotate it so that the face of it comes into view.  If you see nothing, do a ctrl+alt+T to highlight transparent objects. On some HUDS on the face is texturedwith the other sides transparent.  If its there it will turn red and you can click it and rotate it,  Once you rotate it, detach it and reattach it .

If neither of these things work, contact the creator.

Just to simplify.

If you right click the HUD in your inventory while wearing it, the context menu gives you the choice to edit it.

Choose 'edit' (left click).  The HUD you want to deal with is now selected.

Rotate your scroll wheel backwards (toward you).  You will see the outline (the white lines just like in my screen shot below).  Move the HUD so it is within that white box.  (Or rotate it if that was the problem).

Close the edit window and the white box will snap back to full size with the HUD now viewable on your screen.

Note:   Depending on what viewer you are using your Inventory and Edit windows may look different.

Hud 1.jpg

Hud 2.jpg

ETA:  This method also works for selecting OBJECTS attached to you avatar.  If you have lost an object in your Avatar, choosing Edit in your Inventory window selects that OBJECT and you can now move it. (You don't use the scroll wheel in this case).

Note, this only works for ATTACHED OBJECTS.  It does not work for system clothes or objects rezzed In World.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Cool!  I didn't know you could select and edit the thing from inventory while wearing it.  That's particularly useful when the whole point is that you can't see it in the first place ^^ Nice one.

That trick has saved me more headaches, especially the note about objects attached to (lost in) your Avatar I added while you were posting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.