How do I stop objects from entering text into the Chat window?

Leustante

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

EXAMPLE: So I want to be able to use my AO item freely, and I set it to have "Random walks" and everytime I move, text showing what walking animation is being enabled in the chat window.

This happens for all loading scripted items as well, and it is a great nuisance to see when I am trying to read what people type. Please tell me how to DISABLE all of the text that is ONLY VISIBLE TO ME in the chat window. Not the green text that is visible to everyone. This if for the basic SL VIEWER 3 AND I DON'T LIKE OTHER VIEWERS, I tried them all and they are all rubbish.

3 answers to this question

When a scripted object like your AO sends a messgae like that, it's because the scripter has included a statement that looks like

llOwnerSay(Current_animation_name);

If you have mod permission, you can open the script and either remove or comment out each of those statements.  When I write scripts for clients, I will sometimes include a switch that the user can choose for turning off those diagnostic messages too.  If those two options are not open to you, there's really no way to get your viewer to ignore the messages.  Resist the temptation to mute/block the items, BTW.  If you do that, you will be muting yourself, so you will not be able to see your own chat.

BTW, if you really are using V2, your viewer is almost 2 years out of date. The "official" viewer from Linden Lab is V3.  That may be your problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.