Listings drop when I update items with listing enhancements

Lutricia Roux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently took some listing enhancement and noticed, the items dropped to the bottom when sorting on relevance. Has someone else experienced this?

I can understand and also noticed, it may do the same if I do a change in the item title or the description. Fair enough, the algorithm may put it down or the relevance result be affected.

But, to drop it for listing enhancements? That feels like totally against the purpouse of wanting to use the listing enhancements in the first place, i.e. I'm punished for using their service for advertising.

Am I doing the listing enhancement wrong in some way (not that I know of how to do them differently, but anyhow)?

Thank you, I thought it was me doing something wrong. The worst is they seem to drop AND stay there. At least for the latest days.

mtwtfss71, I noticed the same. Anything you do after it is listed, any change, will drop it. I know until recently, you could at least correct errors in your listings.

This I feel that is totally wrong. As it is now, we can't even add missing information or similar to a listing now without loosing the position.

MP has gone mad these days, since Mar 4 is not working properly.  With unlimited quantity products; delivers, charges customer and I don't get the L$, or doesn't deliver, charges customer I don't get L$ and have an upset customer that CAN rate. Really bad. Plus, tickets are not helping, someone who doesn't even read the complain tells you to 'migrate' to DD, or to contact the customer and charge them LOL  yeah, so as if they are going to pay twice. I'm really upset because limited quantity products are things that cost you to create, as affiliate I pay for each script, so is not just that I am not getting L$ but looking at mine going out drop by drop with each order that is being 'undelivered'  when in fact it is dellivered. Its a mess, worse than ever, at least for me.

Copy products that I create doesn't worry me much, since they are unlimited, but the others (faint)   :(

When I first noticed this odd behaviour, I filed a ticket and asked what is wrong or rather, what am I doing wrong for my listings to drop when I edit and try to improve the item. At that time, it was only for the normal listings and changes to them, things were acting up.

The answer I got was only the standard, like sorry you are having a problem bla bla and then that they could not tell me how their algorithm for listings worked ... as if I asked for that.

Then I was sent a link to the general help advice about how to list your products for sale on the marketplace ...

I filed a ticket for this and was encouraged to create a JIRA. I would suggest those of you that experience the same issues as me to do the same, hopefully this may be fixed later on ... in a perfect world ;)

Anyhow, here is the informative URL to create a JIRA I was given: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.