Why is this parcel hogging so many prims ?

Nickatchi Portola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

That shouldn't make any difference to anyone else on the sim, since all other parcels are owned by someone else.  Even if all of the prims on that parcel were removed, the number of prims available on your parcel won't change at all.  Don't worry about it unless there are physical objects among them that are creating measureable lag on the sim.  If that's the case, file an Abuse Report claiming unfair use of sim resources.  That still won't affect your own prim availability, but it might reduce sim lag.

• Like 1

I have no idea, but generally a parcel isn't hogging any prims. A parcel has as many prims as it's allowed to have; it can't take more from any other parcel, so if it's a 512sqm, it has 117 prims. There are ways around this, but an abandoned 512sqm parcel should certainly only have it's regularly alotted prim count, so it's can't hog prims. If you bought the adjacent 512sqm parcel, you would also have 117 prims; you could not use any of that abandoned parcel's unused prim alotment, and it couldn't use any of your unused prim alotment. You wouldn't gain any prims even if that parcel was completely empty.

Now, hogging RESOURCES is another thing altogether, if that parcel has high-script objects on it.

ETA: By the way, just because land is abandoned doesn't mean you have rights to the unused prims. If by "hogging prims" you mean you want to able to use what's there for yourself even though that land is not yours, sorry; it doesn't work that way. You don't have any right to those prims unless you buy the land.

• Like 1

I do get it now. You have linked 40 prims of gravestones together, attached them to a root prim that sits on your own land. The 112m of abandoned land belongs to Governor Linden, and I think you mean "hogs prims" because on the land detail it reads 2838 available out of a possible 2838. The road and any other land on the sim owned by Governor Linden makes up the total prims, but only 25 prims are for the 112m of abandoned land on where your gravestones sit.

Edited to edit: There is a 112m parcel that your group may probably be able to buy if they submit a support ticket to Linden Lab and request it.  Loominoo 224,224 parcel is abandoned, but set for sale, so that can be bought right away.  And the other land that makes up the rest of the prims is a 8192 abandoned this month, and as it sits abutting waterland I think LL will want to put out to auction this one.

112 sq m of land cannot have 2838 available prims...you're reading the numbers wrong.  The prims allowed on that parcel are shown in the "Parcel capacity" figure.

However, when one account owns more than one parcel of land in a region, another figure comes into play, the "region capacity."  If I own three 512 sq m parcels in a region, my region capacity is 3 x 117 =  351 prims.  What's more, I can put all 351 prims on only ONE of my parcels.

What you are seeing, I think, is the region capacity for "Governor Linden's" parcels in the region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.