Joachim Soderstrom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32px-KBnote.png Note: Remember that you can only remove objects made of prims; you cannot take off any body part but must replace one with another of the same kind, or edit the one you're wearing. For more information, see Editing your appearance.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

Now, to fix your issue, either choose a new character from the library ones then wear your usual shape and skin, or see the fixes in this link (if you are using the official viewer, just replace "firestorm" by "secondlife" where it is needed. 

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

The red/brown pulsing thing might be the particle effect your avatar gets when it is not loading. Try this:

- Open your inventory and wait until it is fully loaded

- Go to the Develop menu (if you use Phoenix or Firestorm, you can get it by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Q)

- Go to Avatar

- Go to Character Tests

- Click Test Male or Test Female (whichever one is your gender)

After that, rebake (Ctrl + Alt + R) multiple times.

After a while, you should get a newbie avatar; everything you are already wearing (including skins, shapes, et cetera) will be detached and replaced by the newbie's skin, shape, eyes, clothes, et cetera. Once your newbie avatar has fully appeared, go into your inventory and put on your skin, shape, eyes, hair...everything you normally wear. Then delete the newbie folder.

I hope this helps.

OK Joachim. The problem is the 3 skins worn at the same time. Go to your "worn items" tab (it's in the little shirt icon in the toolbar buttons in the official viewer) and right click on the demo: "detach from yourself". Do the same for the second skin. You should end up wearing only one skin. If that that doesn't work, see below:

Go to the advanced > develop menu > character test > male (as I assume you are one, lol). This will get you back to the ruthed basic avatar:

Look for the Develop menu at the top of the screen. If you don't see it, hold down ctrl+alt+d to bring up the Advanced Menu along the top of the screen. When you see the Advanced Menu appear, click on it, scroll down to "Show Develop Menu" and click on that. The Develop Menu will appear next to the Advanced Menu.

Click Develop - Avatar - Character Tests - Test Male or Female. Your avatar will return to the original simple version. If this doesn't work, search your inventory for "Female Shape & Outfit" or "Male Shape & Outfit". Right click on the folder and choose "Replace Current Outfit".

I hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Joachim Soderstrom wrote:

Tried everything. Nothing works. This sucks......

You've tried everything, you've come back here several times to give us updates. Only one thing you can do now, click on the "help" button at the top of this screen, and submit a support ticket.  Do let Linden Lab know that you have already been here for advice, and give them the link to this thread so they can see what you've tried already.

And do please let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

I get that pulsing pink cloud (I use phoenix/firestorm) everytime I've had a major crash. It's just your unrezzed avatar.  I finally figured out I can restore my whole avi back to normal by replacing my eyebrow body part (who knew?).  As soon as I find it (with the skin I've been using) or replace it with a substitute one, my whole avatar rezzes back to the form I had it in.

Now if you have already ruthed yourself (put yourself back into your original standard issue avi form) you will probably have to reconstruct your avatar as you had it prior to adding the demo skins etc.  This will take some work, but I've had to do this before I figured out the simple eyebrow solution, and as a precaution I've put all my necessary body parts into a separate folder labelled with my avi name so that I can just click "wear" the folder and I'm instantly restored.

Good luck on resolving your problem.

Make a folder and put in copies of your shape, a skin (one you know is good) eyebrowshape (baldbase) and eyes. Those are the basics of your avatar.

if everything fails, right lick on that folder and choose replace outfit. This will replace everything you're currently wearing with these items.

If you're on Firestorm, you can also delete your inventory cache: click open next to cache location in references, network & cache. Close your viewer and delete everything in that folder that has .inv behind it. This will clear your inventory. relog to an empty watersim (I use Tenfear) open your inventory and let it reload.

This, with all the other excellent advise, will most likely restore everything back to normal.

Good luck!

I have tried all solutions and still the problem has not been resolved. I received a few messages about server issues in Europe and that this causes the problem. How can I find out if this is the case? I am really fed up with all the time I have to spend to get this resolved. Any ideas? Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

Joachim Soderstrom wrote:

I just found out that the eyes where the problem. Finally I do exist again
:)
. Thanks all.

Exceedingly pleased to hear your problem is sorted out. 

It is a common problem, and although eyes fixed you this time, something else entirely might fix you next time.  Keep the Phoenix bake fail link (earlier in this thread) handy to refer to.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated, Joachim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.