Hair going inside Avatar

SarahJosephine Messmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

I love hair and I love customizing my avi! Just a question though, I found some hair I absolutely love but it moves through my body when I move and looks odd and not realistic. It annoys me since I'm a dance and was wondering if there's anyway to keep this amazing hair but not have it move through my body? Let me know guys, thanks

What you have is flexi prim hair.  It does that.  There is nothing you can do to stop it.  No one pays any attention to it because of this. Flexi hair is more realistic in appearance and movement even if it does go through your avatar than the other kind of hair.

You can buy mesh hair that doesn't do that,  But it doesn't look as realistic or move like RL hair IMO. Mesh hair looks like clumps of hair stuck together rather than individual strands. When you move fast or dance, instead of flying out from your head or swirling around as RL hair would, it sticks to your avi like you used WAY too much hair product. 

Some creators make a few styles that combine the two, mesh hair with a few flexi prims attached to give it more movement,  Still looks like you used too much hair product and just missed some hair strands IMO. 

But to each his own.  Try mesh hair if it the flexi really bothers you, maybe you will think its a good tradeoff.

Really really depends on quality of the hair, what looks better. There is good mesh hair available but also unrealistic plastic garbage....but also a ton of ugly flexi-hair....so...just go to some stores and see what fits your needs.

(In my opinion some flexi-hairstyles from Truth are still awsome)

Flexi-hair is far superior to the old style hair and the new mesh hair. When its done right that is. Take a look at Zero Style, after getting hair there I have a problem even looking any place else. In my opinion even the photos of mesh hair look bad, get demos and go from there, everyone likes something different.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Don't know what everyone has against mesh hair...some hairstyles aren't possible with flexi-hair, thats it. And I see far more horrible flexis than mesh.

I will agree with you 100% that there is a lot of junk hair out there regardless of how it is made.

What I am saying is that I prefer the look of a well made flexi hair over that of a well made mesh hair. 

While I have seen some stunning snap shots done with mesh hair, when I am In World, they always look plastered to me.

There are a lot of bad flexi hair out there, I agree with that, but its only because there is so much more of it out there. I think Perrie hit the nail on the head when he said it, looked plaster cast, and that is what I don't like about it. Well that and the price, its new, charge more, weeeeeeee. Its ugly and only a tiny bit better than first generation hair, IMHO.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Don't know what everyone has against mesh hair...some hairstyles aren't possible with flexi-hair, thats it. And I see far more horrible flexis than mesh.

It looks like PlayDoh to me, or as Perrie said a cast, and in no way moves naturally like RL hair.  I've probably looked in every shop that sells it and haven't found any I'd wear.  And yes there are horrible flexi's but there are a lot of excellent ones too.  So far I haven't found any mesh hair that I can say the same about.

But to each his own.  If you like wearing it that is what counts for you.

There's some Good Mesh hair  but only thing I have a problem with it is  I'm a fur and some mesh hair wont fit and there's a lot of  Good looking mesh hair out there that I would like to get but can't cause of my odd shaped Meeroo Head. But also there's some good flexi hair as well and than some that are really horrible.. But its all in what everybody likes :D

To the OP, probably not if it's long and flowing hair. What you could do is get a hairstyle that's in a high ponytail to minimize the hair going inside your body. Or try to use dances where the hair doesn't go inside the body as much, but then you might limit the range of dances available to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.