Are there server issues?

Hilary Querrien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firstly, SL stopped allowing me to wear clothes. Or to be fair, there was a lag of about 5 minutes between me wearing an item and it appearing as worn. THen when I logged out and tried to log in again, I was told I was still being logged out. So far it has taken me about 5 minutes to log in and the bar is stuck on 'connecting to region'

I have not noticed any grid wide issues myself, but I have occasionaly found myself trying to log into a region where that particular server is acting up.  When I have problems like OP describes, I try logging into a different server.  I will often put in the name of a Linden region (Hatton or Hippo Hollow are two) into the Start At box. They tend to be quiet, just the place to nurse your bruised viewer back to health.

Are we serious susposed to believe that LL bothers to keep the grid status page up to date or that it in anyway reflects what is going on on the grid.  In reality most of the time there will be no entry for days and when there is it will reflect little of the reality most players are actually experiencing.  Now to answer the question, yes there are server problems or all kinds and they are getting worse by the day despite the propaganda saying otherwise.  These problems mainly manifest on the local servers but seem to begin with a failure of the core servers to execute requested commands.  The results are predictabel and include a huge amount of crashes, lag on log in, lag on initiating such functions as calling up inventory, slow or poor logins, lost items, failed or massively delayed rezzes and a host of other problems which LL had rather not talk about much less admit exist.  Instead these failings will blamed on third party viewers, net connections, poor isps and in general anything but SL and by extension LL performance.  The results have been loss of customers, declining land holding and a serious slump in the sl economy as fewer players come online.

Hi everyone... im having problems logging into secondlife main grid..since 4 days.

following is the error i get

Login Failed

We are unable to complete your request at this time.

Please contact Secondlife Support for assistance at http://Secondlfe.com/Support

If you are unable to change your password, please call (866) 476-9763.

I can login with my alt, but not with my actual avi. it worked till 4 days ago, suddenly stopped working and also dont have any idea wat is the reason now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i miss my sl....thanks in advance. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.