Phoenix viewer problems

EmmaG2006

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My phoenix viewer has gone really weird on one computer :S. It has always been fine and worked but all of a sudden it just went crazy, as in everything is fine except the picture.

All the other viewers are fine on it but I would really like phoenix to work again because it's the only one that I like.

But then I tried phoenix on a different computer and it was fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc.. It didn't work :|

Has anyone got any idea on how I can fix it ?

This is what it looks like:

weird.jpg

Compared to the normal:

normal.jpg

It looks like a bad graphics card problem, Emma. Try to check for available drivers updates, but this really looks like your card is dying... You will probably have to buy a new one... If not a new computer if yours is too old. Phoenix will be discontinued in a few weeks or months anyway, and you will have to use Firestorm, which is more demanding. 

Hi Emma

I was a phoenix hold out, i love the non mesh version,it's a fast rezzer and i could care less about mesh.

But i also knew sooner or later i had to make a change,because there is no support for Phoenix anymore,,,someone mentioned cool viewer and i love it.

It's very much the same as the old SL 1.23 viewer with the silver skin it is a mesh viewer  and pretty well the same as phoenix.

Firestorm is unstable according to the phoenix / firestorm team, you can read about it on their website.

It's because of some change coming from LL to SSB (server side bake",i'm not sure if cool viewer is up to speed on that or not, but firestorm is redoing their viewer but the probs you can read about on their website.

When this SSB "switch" is flicked and one does nt have an updated viewer avys will look a little weird, you can view that on the phoenix / firestorm website

As for why you look like that i will let other more knowlegable people answer you,i just wanted to let a fellow phoenix viewer lover know there is another like it out there

nikita Jefferson wrote:

Firestorm is unstable according to the phoenix / firestorm team, you can read about it on their website.

It's because of some change coming from LL to SSB (server side bake",i'm not sure if cool viewer is up to speed on that or not, but firestorm is redoing their viewer but the probs you can read about on their website.

The current release has the lowest crash rate of all viewers. The blog post is about the next release that will have support for server-side baking.

Thanks nikita, I'll check it out :D

But to be honest I always get problems, not so much crashing but being a cloud, my HUDs not working, alphas messing up, parts of my outfit being blurry and when I change outfits sometimes still wearing parts of the previous outfit :/ haha I get all the problems, which can be annoying :/

But I'll check out the support :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.