Reporting abuse - on LL website?

Joy Larkspur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An ex employer (Of a real estate company) is spreading slanderous and complete lies to tenants about a group of employees that resigned all at the same time (the work conditions were untenable) . I received a notecard of what is being passed around to the tenants. Filing a report thru the viewer does not allow attaching a NC. What steps can I take to give a complete report (since viewer abuse report system also have a text limit).

Any information in guidance on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Joy Larkspur wrote:

An ex employer (Of a real estate company) is spreading slanderous and complete lies to tenants about a group of employees that resigned all at the same time (the work conditions were untenable) . I received a notecard of what is being passed around to the tenants. Filing a report thru the viewer does not allow attaching a NC. What steps can I take to give a complete report (since viewer abuse report system also have a text limit).

Any information in guidance on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

However as much inconvienient your issue may be: I don't think LL will be able to do anything with such report. It'll be a he-did-she-did-game and LL does not act as civil judge. Rumors/lies are not really punishable unless loss of income has become a factor.

I'm sorry to say but.. don't waste your time. Talk to the residents yourselfi nstead.

The only thing I can think of is filing an AR with the notecard open in your viewer, and include the screenshot. You first open the notecard, then AR (on one of your own objects for example), then search for the resident who is the actual culprit (otherwise you're AR'ing youself!).

The category should be 'defamation of groups or individuals'. Make sure to check the 'include screenshot' option.

In addition to taking a screenshot of the notecard, you should be able to copy and paste some of the text from the notecard into the description field of the abuse report. I would choose the worst of it, something that strikes you as the most offensive and, preferably, that mentions names. But it's really better if the former employees who are directly involved do this; you're more of a third party, it sounds like, and it's generally better than the people directly affected come forward. You can pass them the notecard, or they can screenshot and copy-paste any chat logs about this issue. (Chat logs CAN be shared with LL, of course, just not with other users, so copy-pasting chat logs in an abuse report is fine.) You can file a report as well, but I would definitely have them file reports personally.

Joy Larkspur wrote:

Thanks so much

How you should handle this is how you should handle everything in SL, with a smile. Why do you care what others are saying about you? If the junk being said is not true and you know it isn't then just laugh it off and go find something fun to do. Enjoy your second life, ignore the drama and let the person talking about you ruin his own integrity.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that this estate owner who is doing all the damage is going to other LARGE estate owners and  telling lies, outragious lies and they are all now banning all the ex employees, which means they cant access almost half of the sims on the grid, so its not a matter of shrugging it off with a smile  she is preventing them from working in world and going to most sims as the lies she told is making the other estates worry these innocent people are griefers, which is simply not true. All they did was leave an estate that was doing wrong by their residents.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.