AR when mesh isn't seen?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

16 wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i have yet to find any mesh piece of clothing that fits my av without the alpha layer. no, i am not a giant barbarian. I am 6'3", just like in RL. for some reason, mesh designers have made all mens mesh with sloped shoulders.. like we walk around depressed. Standard sizes is a joke. Thats like saying there are only 5 sizes in SL.  And THAT is why i wont buy mesh till the deformer is done.

the standard sizes was worked out by some clothes designers wanting to start making mesh clothes. they just did to establish some guidelines for themselves to work to when making their stuff

STANDARD SIZES HAVE *******NOTHING******* TO DO WITH HEIGHT.

Mesh could care less about your height.

Staying informed is half the battle folks...

yes they do

if you wear a XSS size on a 7ft tall shape you going to look like a anorexic beanpole. and if you wear XL size on a 4ft tall shape you gunna look like you got squished by a building that fell on you

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

... a few mesh designers are including a non mesh replica of the outfit in the folder, that way you apear normalish on non mesh viewers. (wear both)

What a good idea.  I have not encountered them,  Who are the designers that do it?

Kastle Rock and Trendstyle as far as I know, and not all of their items, just the latest releases

16 wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

yes they do

if you wear a XSS size on a 7ft tall shape you going to look like a anorexic beanpole. and if you wear XL size on a 4ft tall shape you gunna look like you got squished by a building that fell on you

Flat out wrong.

Look at the numbers.

If you're seeing beanpole and squished its the shape itself - not the standard size numbers:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/mesh-clothes-dont-care-if-youre-tall-or-short-thick-or-thin-they-care-about-stretch/

- How many times do I have to link that?

Where is height in this list:

Women:

Body Fat

Torso Muscle

Breast Size

Love Handles

Belly Size

Leg Muscle

Butt Size

Saddle Bags

Men:

Body Fat

Belly Size

Torso Muscle

Love Handles

Leg Muscle

Butt Size

Saddle Bags

Package

Pectorals

???

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

16 wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

yes they do

Flat out wrong.

Look at the numbers.

If you're seeing beanpole and squished its the shape itself - not the standard size numbers:

- How many times do I have to link that?

Where is height in this list:

Women:

Body Fat

Torso Muscle

Breast Size

Love Handles

Belly Size

Leg Muscle

Butt Size

Saddle Bags

Men:

Body Fat

Belly Size

Torso Muscle

Love Handles

Leg Muscle

Butt Size

Saddle Bags

Package

Pectorals

???

height/length is not specified in the Standard Sizes spec bc it not make any sense to do so

like what is the standard length for a skirt? what is the standard length for a top? what is the standard length for cut off jeans? rollups? etc

+

trust the evidence of your own eyes

designers do nclude length in their standard size models depending on the garment they making.

can proof this easy by rez one of each size of the same garment. will see that they maintain the height/length to width ratio. so that the mesh and applied texture not distort when they weight to the bones of dif height avatars

+

edit add: the design assumption to Std Size is that. a taller avatar XL will be fuller/thicker body than a short avatar XSS and the length/height of each will be made to suit. the assumption is made bc of proportion. like liliput people are skinnier and shorter than amazons

So why didn't you Title this "Out With Old Computers" instead of 'AR when mesh isn't seen? You derailed your own thread.

Answer to your real complaint - No the entry level of computers to login to the grid is just fine and should not be restricted just because you don't like complaints.

This whole post seems self serving.

Gadget Portal wrote:

solstyse wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

solstyse wrote:

So, the summary here is that because one person complained wrongly, anyone and everyone with an older or underperforming pc should be punished. And LL should take the hit to their revenue streams that results. And it all comes down to, of all the stupid things it could be, whether or not you're a fan of Mesh.

Flaming someone and trying to make an arguement that they should be banned for getting fewer fps or being able to enable fewer features in sl than you can is a clear demonstration of just how pathetic your rl is.

That's what I read of that post. It shows me you didn't read the whole thread and you're too over-emotional to have a conversation without resorting to insults. Go back and read all the replies, calm down, and stop getting so whiny and upset over a forum post.

Unless you are actually a 12 year old girl. Then your response is fine.

Quite the opposite. The problem is that I not only read the whole thread, but several other posts by you also. I have accounted for the fact that someone who is in the wrong mood may post the wrong thing, but a wrong mood doesn't account for the consistent snobbiness that you exhibit toward anyone and everyone who hints that sl may be underperforming on their machines. The message is consistent. That indicates a general outlook on life. And, call me judgemental if you want, but from what I've seen it's that your outlook on life is that anyone with less than you is someone to look down your nose upon. And to use sl as a method of putting yourself on a pedestal is a sign that there is little if anything going for you in rl. In other words, yes, quite pathetic. Note that I am not insulting you in your entirety. I am simply insulting that attitude that you have demonstrated on multiple occasions.

Over several threads, each and every time someone has asked for advice on how to improve their performance in sl, you have replied with the same snotty, "Upgrade your computer because mine is better than yours" response. There is a definite pattern. Then you start a thread stating that anyone on a viewer that is beneath your standard should be disabled.

So, since you didnt' answer the first time, I ask again.... How does having a better computer than someone else who uses SL make you a better person? And how is this disdain for anyone running lesser hardware a demonstration of anything other than your ineptitude to offer any solution beyond the simplistic "throw money at it" solution?

I have read your posts very carefully, and if I got the wrong impression of you, then the problem is not my ability to comprehend. It is your inability to express yourself in a manner that is not insulting and overly simplistic.

Now, do you want to offer a counterpoint that has the potential to change my mind? Or do you want to take the simple path and just question my age again?

Alright. I'll spell it out for everybody.

My complaint is and has always been with people that use the wrong computers to access SL, then complain about the experience, or worse, want the experience dumbed down to their level. If you're the type that uses one of those underperforming computers and doesn't complain, doesn't expect technology to stop for you- great. All the more power to you, and I respect that you can put up with the SL experience that way.

But as long as LL keeps spending resources on obsolete technology, things will never improve. It's nice that they're finally implimenting something like server side baking. That's going to help lag, help framerates, and overall, improve the grid for everyone. Does it suck that some viewers will be left out? Sure. Would I rather see that than see the grid not improve? Absolutely.

I'm going to add something else, too. As of January 1st, I was laid off. The company I worked for closed their doors. My income went from fairly decent to essentially nothing, while I still have bills that need to be paid. And even with that being the case, I still made that offer to spend my time and my money to help people if they asked me for help. I've made the offer before, too, in world and on the forums. I've seen threads, including by solstyse, on how to better optimize a computer to run SL...

Yet there's never any followup from the people that supposedly need the help. Only fresh posts complaining that their computer can't handle SL. And instead of "Hey, yeah, can you help me find a cheap way to upgrade?" or "Sure, I'll take your old GPU, since you offered to mail it to me for free.", the replies to my offers have been that I'm mean and have a pathetic RL.

So at this point, I absolutely believe that most (keyword, most.) people in SL that complain about their junk computers just want everyone to pity them, and don't want to do anything to fix it. And so, as long as we're talking about "just how pathetic [my] rl is", or how I "actually insult humanity", despite these things, then yes. You people are whiny little girls that would rather complain than take steps to fix the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.