Sell clothing mesh as full perm template too?

Zlyskritek1488315261

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I have learned a lot using the mesh templates bought on marketplace. However I went my way through the blender and marvelous designer and now I am preparing my own original mesh clothing.

I am now deciding whether to sell the mesh as full perm templates too via marketplace. I know a few shops who do this (Blueberry or Apple May Design I think...) and others who do not. It will bring extra money but I am back as a "template shop", am I not? 

What are your views on this topic?

Thanks,

Kaithleen

I say do it.

99% of the people in SL cannot wrap their heads around a 3D modeling app. Self included sadly...

(I keep trying, I will get there eventually. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. That's my excuse.)

Mesh is complimacatadid stuffz. There's not much shame in using a template when so few people have figured out how to model the things.

You will not only make good money selling to designers... you will give us end consumers more choices.

Yes, about a fourth of your customers will just 'color it red' and put it for sale. But a good number will do some amazing photoshop work to the texture, and maybe package it with some other items, and give people some nice stuff.

- So while we -WILL- roll our eyes when we see some of your templates show up in some products, we'll all gladly buy the same object when its better "colored in" elsewhere. :P

And frankly, there still are not enough mesh templates out there. It is too easy to find the same stuff being sold in 5 shops in only 3 variations.

Don't just sell it, be very obvious in your search terms and keywords so designers can -FIND- it. A lot of the template sellers try to hide themselves... and guess what - those folks get used less often...

One caution though: Allot a certain portion of your 'resources' towards getting ripped off. Anytime someone puts out something fullperms, you can be certain there will be at least one person who flat out ignores your license. If you are not comfortable with broadcasting your RL details right here and now, make an alt and start the business with that alt... so that you won't feel any hesitation when it comes time to file that DMCA...

Which may be a long time in the future from what I understand.  We may not even get it as there are a lot of issues with it.

Nalates Urriah's Blog has an update recently saying they were waiting on LL to appoint a staff member to the project.  No word since that post though and we all know how fast LL moves.

I would suggest the OP read this entry to make their own mind up on whether to wait or not.  At best it looks like we are still months away from getting it.

• 2 months later...

Im always looking for mesh templates. Meli Imako is my current all time fav as the prices are great plus you get samples so yu can have an idea how to texture your own end product. there are some other really good template creators too but they charge a lot of money. all can say is meli is hugely popular.

doit!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.