church in SecondLife

dreamforme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi dreamforme :)

I attend services at The Anglican Cathedral of Second Life.  It is a very warm, friendly fellowship that has been in existence for well over five years.  Our worship team leaders are either pastors RL or have similar credentials.  In addition to our Sunday service at noon SLT, we hold smaller services throughout the week as well including several German-language services.  The website for more info can be found here,

I am one of the welcomers at the church.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send an IM to me in world.

• Like 1

Tex Monday wrote:

HOLY MOLEY!!

Never once did I think there would be religious services in SL. Does anyone know if it's just Christian or are there places of worship for other faiths as well??

I believe all faiths are represented somewhere in SL. I know there are some very active pagan sims and I've heard of various other faiths over the years.

Yes there are supposedly real ministers and priests conducting some of the ceremonies. I admit to being a bit skeptical about real priests since I haven't heard of the Vatican approving virtual mass. But I can't say for sure (then again that's part of my point.)

I think it's good to get together and share faith when possible.

What surprises me is that some of the services are sponsored by very very vocal atheists, so that makes me think some of the services in SL are considered more for 'roleplay.'

Melita Magic wrote:

What surprises me is that some of the services are sponsored by very very vocal atheists, so that makes me think some of the services in SL are considered more for 'roleplay.'

Yes some locations are 'roleplay' locations - and you won't really find faith information or guidance there. Some of them are just hangouts, some are 'genre' RP like things related to vampire sims or XXX sims.

There are also places that have churches built - like the one I built. But do not have active "services", pastors, priests, and such. Of course Rastafarians don't have priests or pastors or leaders per se - but my spot isn't really a meeting hall either (I would love it to be, but getting a community going in SL is srs bsns. :P).

But there are still quite a few places that have active faith communities.

SL isn't -ALL- D/s & pron, though it can seem like it at times... :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.