SL driver - Hugsy Penguin and then umm! \o/ (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ETA: When your camera position gets borked, you can simply move it back to where you want it and carry on as normal
;)

yes kinda

problem was/is that when the camera pops bc is something in the way it pops to the side. didnt help either that bc my ava was sit way out the front then the camera was ahead of the car as well. i nearly kill myself on every banline going down that channel on murder islands (:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 wrote:

is so hard that stupid game. dunno who thought of it. they must of had a leaky head or something. jejejejeje (:

Yeah, who did it?  :smileyfrustrated:       sFi_hammer.gif

:smileylol:

Congrats to Phil for the amazing achievement!  The Gold Trophy Man. :matte-motes-big-grin:

yes kinda

problem was/is that when the camera pops bc is something in the way it pops to the side. didnt help either that bc my ava was sit way out the front then the camera was ahead of the car as well. i nearly kill myself on every banline going down that channel on murder islands (:

I haven't found any problem after re-adjusting the camera position, and I've sometimes been sat in front. In fact, I've sometimes set off sitting in front when my avatar had got stuck in the pose after crashing, but that was before it occured to me to sit on the car and then stand up to clear the pose, and then sit and go again.

I can't imagine going through Murder Island sideways! lol You deserve a special award for that feat.

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Congratulations Phil!  :matte-motes-big-grin:

And to you too 16!  :matte-motes-big-grin:

Who else wants to take on the challenge?  It looks like the gold is always up for grabs!  :matte-motes-wink:

Yep. So the expected anti-climax isn't as I'd thought, because I now need to make sure I stay on top by respponding to any and all usurpers that come along - just like you need to do now, Hugsy ;)

It's King Of The Castle time folks :D

Phil Deakins wrote:

yes kinda

I haven't found any problem after re-adjusting the camera position, and I've sometimes been sat in front. In fact, I've sometimes set off sitting in front when my avatar had got stuck in the pose after crashing, but that was before it occured to me to sit on the car and then stand up to clear the pose, and then sit and go again.

I can't imagine going through Murder Island
sideways
! lol You deserve a special award for that feat.

what happened to me was that everything total bork when i cross into Pockwock. got the whole whiz off into space thingy. thought i was dead like normal. so i just left it and went have a cup of tea bc i thought i crash again and i was like really really mad

after i came back i was stuck in a hole on Pockwock hard up against the bank upside down but still alive kinda. when i managed to slam it back upright then i was total munted. so i end up having to Advanced \ Dump Script Camera

turns out the car root prim not made lined up on the X (or which ever way is the normal) is lined up on the Y at 90 deg. angle. lol

so like you say use ALT+mouse to put camera behind. but everytime it pop bc of trees and walls then it pop to the 90 deg right

To all who have been enjoying this challenge, I have some excellent news.

I ran into the creator of the system today and ...

(1) He has fixed the vendor on the left so that it now gives the freebie vehicle.

and (2) If we want to set up other challenges, he is willing to plant the system where we want it to start, so we can do it all again over a longer maximum distance :)

I IMed 16 earlier to say that starting from the land below my store allows a much bigger journey than the current one, and would be a fair old challenge. 16 had IMs turned off so she never saw it, but if we are interested in doing it, not necessarily as intensely as we did this one, we could have it set up for us. Maybe someone has a more suitable starting point - like near water or a road, for instance. Please post if a new challenge interests you.

I tried the vehicle in Blake Sea regions.  I noticed that it crashes very easily.  I guess it is due to the old script.  It does not work very well with present servers.

When the vehicle crashed I found myself at cordinates:
Honah Lee Jacqinda (-177, 464, 21)  :smileysurprised:

I watched myself spinning about for a while.  Amazingly after a while I finally found myself at coordinates:
Honah Lee Jacqinda (254, 217, 2) ... standing on the bottom of the sea.
I was able to fly up to the surface.  No sight of the vehicle anywhere.

The easy crashing might also be due to the server updates going on today.  Might be better experience when the grid has stabilzed after the updates.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Now get down to the proper challenge and make some progress!
:)

Still testing at Blake Sea regions.

Crash, crash, crash...

Treasure Cove Passage (-318, 436, 23)  freakout.gif

Surely does not work like to what I'm used to.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.  :smileytongue:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Very odd then. I gave the owners the URL of this thread and maybe they decided you that deserved the gold cup
:)

if the Starchild owners reading here. or if you can chat them again Phil. then be best that they change it back to: can win the gold cup for yourself if your distance is = to the top score

will discourage people if is not. like when is gold and silver and bronze all exact same then cant win anything. or only a silver. that be disheartening I think for people who came later on

I think gold cup is important to give to new/later on people. so they can take a pic. and know that for now this time today. i am the winner

so is better to put the latest person on the gold cup and move everyone down one. when eventual fall off the podium is ok I think. can always go back and do again if we want

+

we know was Hugsy made it first. and he knows. and we got the pics on here to proof it forever if anyone ever needs to wonder and wants to find out who was the first

maybe the owners can honour Hugsy. by making a little mini diamond/platinum cup and put on the cabinet next to the big cups. can say on it that Hugsy was the inaugural winner of the Starchild drivers rally. be really nice if they done that i think

Phil Deakins wrote:

I'm zipping around Blake Sea right now, and in and around the islands, and I'm not crashing at all. And I've had my finger to the metal all the way. Maybe these vehicles only like male avatars lol.

maybe the lindens read about us doing on here. we must be provide them way better data on sim crossings. like good avatar+vehicle crash data. which they dont get off the auto-vehicles on mainland in the same way

maybe they learning stuff off us and maybe they start arrange the sims on the servers in a better pattern. I read one time that they had a program that they could do that now. like put some same sims that are next to each other on the same hardware server

be way cool if they are. like starting to map the roads and rivers and rails onto the hardwares to help make the crossings more better/safer

hope so 

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

(1) He has fixed the vendor on the left so that it now gives the freebie vehicle.

Thanks for the info Phil.

/me runs and grabs the Dodgem-10-freebie... :matte-motes-big-grin:

Roadrunner.jpg

EDIT:

Got it now.  Wow, gear six on,  goes super fast!

i am fear for your safety now.iI get the flowers ready. you like roses or lilies? (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.