SL driver - Hugsy Penguin and then umm! \o/ (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I must admit, I'm getting a bit weary of it now. It's not the task that wearies me - it's the multitude of SL crashes, not the occasional ones where I'm careless and hit ban lines but the very frequent ones where I just crash, usually at sim borders, and going slow for the crossings doesn't stop it happening.

Today I must have set off a dozen times but I've only had 2 attempts at the far end, and setting off so many times for only 2 real attempts gets wearysome, and it's not like it only take a couple of minutes to reach the far end. I'm not saying that I won't continue but it's wearying so I won't be doing it as much. Good game though :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

2. You can't really call it racing in a hovercraft.
Racing
involves vehicles with four wheels (
overlooking the tiny minority who consider two-wheeled vehicles worthy of racing
) like this:

just have to respond to the bolded part with an "Orly"? on this one lol

real racing involves real speed
:P

this bike..it's so fast they don't even give a number for it..iin 3rd gear the speedo just says blink of an eye and then it's all just a guess after that hehehehe

racing is when rubber meets the road and how much is left when it's over..
hehehehe

black beauty.png

It did occur to me that I might draw some argument with that comment :smileywink:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Racing
overlooking the tiny minority who consider two-wheeled vehicles worthy of racing
) like this:

this bike..it's so fast they don't even give a number for it..iin 3rd gear the speedo just says blink of an eye and then it's all just a guess after that hehehehe

hehehehe

black beauty.png

It did occur to me that I might draw some argument with that comment :smileywink:

i will use any excuse to show off mah wheels  hehehehe..

also i do like your car =)

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Racing
) like this:

hehehehe

ORLY RLY !!!!!

like i have to turn on my smoke trails just so everyone know that was me burn them off. bc i go so fast they not even see me go past them even when they dont blink q;(:

brrm.jpg

annddddd just to give people a chance i even have a liedown as i schoom along so they can catch up to me. not that ever never do even then q;(: 

brrmsleeping.jpg

is total insane wicked this board is

i think is the most complete SL vehicle i ever had so far

Phil Deakins wrote:

I must admit, I'm getting a bit weary of it now. It's not the task that wearies me - it's the multitude of SL crashes, not the occasional ones where I'm careless and hit ban lines but the very frequent ones where I just crash, usually at sim borders, and going slow for the crossings doesn't stop it happening.

you a bit like me i think. like get all stubborn. bc you know that you can do it

+

it makes me mad when i get random logged off. lol. makes me even more stubborn that does

like i look at my computer and go: you a machine. i can beat you. you big ugly useless ugly fugly fugly ugly fugly ugly fugly fugly no huggly huggy for you. and if you keep doing this to me and i get no love off you then ima gunna smash you into itty bitty widdy sqwiddy little pieces (:

this my minimup

minimups.jpg

+

light blue square is where i am. except is no 513m on it. that on the next after the next sim from the one i am actual on

medium blue squares is sims that are there

dark blue squares is sims that maybe there! throw the ball

black squares is where did my garden go? throw the ball

jejejejeje (:

16 wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

you a bit like me i think. like get all stubborn. bc you know that you can do it

+

it makes me mad when i get random logged off. lol. makes me even more stubborn that does

like i look at my computer and go: you a machine. i can beat you. you big ugly useless ugly fugly fugly ugly fugly ugly fugly fugly no huggly huggy for you. and if you keep doing this to me and i get no love off you then ima gunna smash you into itty bitty widdy sqwiddy little pieces (:

If you do that to your computer, please take pictures of the result and, when you get another computer, post them :)

I wanted to post a snapshot of this but I haven't managed to get a snapshop to save the floating text. However, guess who is now in 2nd (silver cup) position...

ME :)

with a score of 11136.38m

For 16: After I passed you when you'd crashed just out of the starting gate (you were still in the water), Molson was offline when I got there (you already posted about that), but I went east to Nueltin and south tthrough Hjalmer to Pockwock. The last time I was that close to the water (2 days ago), I was at the SE corner of Hjalmer. That's the time when I was annoyed with myself for being just a spit from the water but I misunderstood the colours in the HUD (it was new to me) and I daren't set foot in Pockwock even though it was clear to go.

Anyway, I finally made it onto the podium and I am feeling well pleased with myself :D

2nd-place.jpg

I managed the pic :)

yes Tirol is a water/homestead sim. is about 12 awol avatars on it. i crash trying to leave it. homesteads hate me

i thought i be able to go slow down to Bireme far corner and take a pic there. before going into murder islands. just bc really. wrong !!! lol (:

so you can be safe on the board at least until tomorrow (:

16 wrote:

yes Tirol is a water/homestead sim. is about 12 awol avatars on it. i crash trying to leave it. homesteads hate me

i thought i be able to go slow down to Bireme far corner and take a pic there. before going into murder islands. just bc really. wrong !!! lol (:

so you can be safe on the board at least until tomorrow (: 

Brilliant! A day on the podium. It doesn't get better than that :D

Phil Deakins wrote:

Thank you, Coby. Have you had a go at it yourself?

I tried it for some length (about to some 7000 in distance).  I had difficulties in getting used to the steering.  It's not at all like the very smooth what I have in my mesh sail boat.  Then the vehicle has also other problem, if you hit ban line you're stuck as you cannot drag the vehicle loose - what you can do with vehicles that you own.

I might try it again some day though.  It's a good interesting challence.  More so as I don't have any ban line detectors.

Well, I tried again...

Only a bit over 4000 :smileysurprised: and I hit a "Cannot enter parcel, you are not in access list".  And very soon the vehicle crashed and I found myself in some strange coordinates totally stuck there.

Relog, pffftt... enough for today! :smileymad:  lol

From what I read here, a lot of people like sailing. As you said, this thing isn't smooth like that but it does go over land as well as water. I've even gone up the sides of vertical buildings with it but you do need to get an angle start to do that. It needs to move fast because it takes so long getting back to where you were again after crashing, and there are far too many crashes that are caused not by hitting ban lines but by SL simply not behaving as it should. For instance, today 16 and I set off together - well, 16 set of a few seconds before me. 30 seconds later she was stopped in the water. She'd crashed. All she'd done was cross the boundary between two water sims. I didn't crash and I was on the same course as 16. But I make up for it by doing exactly the same thing between other water sims :)

I must admit that the ban line detector is like gold when you get to the far end of the course, even before you get onto the far island, and even more so when you reach the far island itself.

This challenge is actually the most fun thing I've ever done in SL. Not because it's the best fun there is but because I've never been a person to get out and about, or use vehicles. On rare occasions I've done things but nothing has ever got hold of me like this challenge has. Hugsy has already found the bad thing about it - when you've reach the far point, there's nothing else to do. I imagine it would be an anti-climax - an anti-climax that I intend to suffer :)

There's a vendor at the start that's supposed to give one of these vehicles for 0L. Unfortunately, it gives nothing. If it did, we could make other challenges when this one is played out.

the hovercar has two main design problems. not bc of the designer so much. but bc of its age. was designed for olden days tech

one is the very light steering. the engine script was made to fit an older version of Havok. the newer version Havok is quite faster so it detect collisions quicker. which is better. so most vehicles now have a longer time allowance for keypress. the older script in this car means have to turn by quick taps now to compensate. which not always easy

the second one is that the car sits on a flat thin base prim. that makes it harder to tip over. but also means is harder to untip it when you do. have to slam into buildings to untip yourself most time

bc is a thin edge on the base then it snags a lot on uneven road prims or even tiny bumps. which chucks the back end round and can easy spin you off the road if you dont quick release the power/drive keys. on the older Havok the collision distance was greater so flat thin bases never used to snag hardly at all

to make this better these days just about every modern vehicle uses a nearly flat transparent half cut sphere as a base. so it not snag. altho then you get a more bouncy ride if you go fast over a bump. but the good engine scripts usual compensate for that

a lot of boats use a sphere as well. is why the boats glide off buoys and stickyup things better. have to hit it dead on to stop you. if was a flat prim then if catch the corner and can turn you inside out nearly. which is same what this car does

the sphere also makes it easier to untip

ooo! look (:

dali2nd.jpg

Hugsy is fatter than me so he about 0.5 metres further away than me. jejejejeje (:

so i am 2nd on the cups. which is fair really bc he get there 1st. so am quite happy he still on the gold cup like he should be

i get so total munted my avatar lol jejejejeje (: broke my ava and my seat and my camera in Pockwock and end up drive the whole murder islands sideways lol

is funny pic of me d:

soooo anywaaaaaaysss

\o/ me (:

Sorry to disappoint you, 16, but your 2nd place didn't last long. You are now 3rd.

And sorry to disappoint you in another way too. Hugsy deserves to be 1st but he's now 2nd. Any guesses as to who might be first now? :D

First-Place.jpg

I have exactly the same distance as Hugsy but the system placed me 1st. So, anyone who gets the same distance again will push us down.

I've discovered the reason why your score is less than Hugsy's. If you go right to the corner, you score a little less than when you're not quite at the corner. It doesn't make sense but that's how it is. I was right at the very tip of the corner but that scored me less than being slightly in from it. I moved around there for a while and never saw anything higher than 12340, and the very tip of the corner was definitely lower.

Hugsy is still the legend though because he did it first, and so soon after the challenge began. I'm an also-ran but you deserve a measure of legendness for doing it on such a slow broadband speed - and without a magic HUD :)

ETA: When your camera position gets borked, you can simply move it back to where you want it and carry on as normal ;)

(:

well done \o/

is so hard that stupid game. dunno who thought of it. they must of had a leaky head or something. jejejejeje (:

at least you finally got there evenntualllly q;

nah! sorry (: you did really good. bc it is hard

+

am quite happy now if someone else comes along and knock me off the podium. i just wanted to see if i could do it. same you and Hugsy

and lots of the other people who had a go

now that we know that next person can get on the gold cup. is good that i think. bc will encourage them to keep trying

+

add:

just about the HUDs. i never use any huds bc i couldnt afford the script load. had to run as light as i could load wise bc of my slow copper connection like you say. if i had a fast fibre like people living in normal countries then i most probably wouldve used

actual i maybe could of used a hud if i not wear any zillion flex hair. lol not. shame !!! hair is way more important than any old hud (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.