SL driver - Hugsy Penguin and then umm! \o/ (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To anyone keeping track, the top spot had been taken over by Jacco Rodeyn with a distance of 10305.62.  Then, I gave it a few more tries and made it as far as Hundertwasser with a distance of 11998.95.  That's one sim north of Dali.  The top spot is still up for grabs.  Watch out for those ban lines!  :matte-motes-sunglasses-2:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am having a bad day today. getting logged off quite a lot. i only ever get as far as Isabel. went left/north at the Clarksburg junction. but Isabel a kiiler sometimes bc of the Infohub. anyway I turn right at Isabel to go south but the next sim with the bridge on was down. so i wait for a bit but it never come back. a few pods went over the edge tho. so I go north and got murdered trying to leave Isabel at the north end

after that I try to go south at Clarksburg down the side of the snow mountains. but end up crash fail again. so have a sad now (:

+

but anyways

is lots of people been having a go so is quite good that

+

Hugsy the champion again. am pretty sure he going to make it the final 300m to the east south corner. can actual go there at the moment. is a private rental property but can go on there ok. I tp there to have a look

hope whoever does make it will take a pic of themself in their car there and post on here. will be pretty cool if they do (:

just some thoughts

+

am hoping someone else who is read this who live on another continent will go ooh! that's a good game. i will make the same so people can have a go on my continent. be quite good that if that happens

+

what i would do (if was me) is have a top 10 board. or 20 even

also other thing I would have is that you can only go on the board once. so is always 10 or 20 different names on it. so you cant be like 1st and 3rd at the same time. can only ever be the highest one. so have to beat your own score. so like if you was 1st and then you have a go and get a score that is less than your 1st score then it dont count even if is higher than whoever is the 2nd name or 20th name

just so that it encourage more people to play on it more

+

another thing

could like give a mini cup when you make a 1st 2nd or 3rd. like a gold silver bronze. and if 4th to 20th then maybe get a rosette or ribbon with the rank on it. just so you can have

edit: now that I think about this could even make ribbons downto 100 or 200 even. more the better if the idea is to encourage people to play

+

another thing

could even make a kit and give to people who live by the road or water. then can make like a mystery rally. like a hunt. drive to this place and get the points/prize then go to the next one. and on and on

stuff like that

+

the cool thing I like about Starchild Café is that is all equal. like everyone have to drive the same car. so is test of your driving skills. and bc is no mod then cant edit/lift yourself out of trouble

+

anyways just some thoughts I been having about it

might get more people on the roads and waters on the mainland

is benefit in this. if more people do driving in a more organized way then linden will maybe have better incentive to fix more of the problems we currently have. well hope so maybe

16 wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

I forgot to look where Dali is. I've been going north to the north continent, but I now see that, even if I got as far north as possible, it wouldn't be as far as Dali.

yes thats right. Dali is the farthest away

go east young man

(:

I did. And I've given up.

I tried quite a few times today but there's an area that I haven't found my way past. It's a particular water sim. I haven't tried every possible route but I'm fed up of crashing all over the place, often needing to use the Task Manager to close SL down, so I give up on it. It could be quite a good little game (for a short time) if SL were capable of working properly by not crashing you when it really shouldn't do - at yellow lines.

16 wrote:

am having a bad day today. getting logged off quite a lot. i only ever get as far as Isabel. 

I haven't got anywhere close to Isabel. I haven't found a way past Coelho yet. Just touching that sim crashes me. I've experimented by skirting it through the waterways south west of it but no joy so far. And I've tried a couple of times going round the top of it but still no joy. It's not the failures that I'm fed up with. It's the crashing. Especially when it needs the Task Manager to get out of the crash. I suppose I should be thankful that it hasn't needed a computer roboot.

16 wrote:

am hoping someone else who is read this who live on another continent will go ooh! that's a good game. i will make the same so people can have a go on my continent. be quite good that if that happens 

As an ongoing game, the problem would be that there is a finite limit to how far you can get, and once the limit has been done, it couldn't be beaten, so its interest would be short-lived.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I haven't found a way past Coelho yet. Just touching that sim crashes me

yes Coelho is a dead sim for some reason. will kill you everytime

the way is thru Seacliff. is a protected safe channel at south end by Gualaja. go straight thru (west to east) until you on the Coelho border (dont cross it) then while on Seacliff turn sharp right (round the little lighthouse) and cross into Gualaga. is protected again so go straight south until the road bridge into Amida.is protect water on Amida as well

go under the bridge. on the south side of the bridge can go up the left bank and onto the road. drive the road to Gama and turn right

can then drive all the way to Clarksburg. at the Clarksburg intersection can go left (north) to Bishop and then turn right

or at Clarksburg turn right (south) and go down the side of the snow mountains

either way you end at Gourdneck

from there then to Portage. go north to Healey and turn right. then you on the road to Gulquac. which is as far as you can go on the roads

from Gulquac have to go off-road. south to Pockwock/Powder Mill

if not like Gulquac then can try go off-road at other sims downto Black

from Pockwock is murder islands. banlines. no scripts. no object entry. is 11 sims of sunshine, sandcastles, fruit cocktails, pain and death (:

Phil Deakins wrote:

16 wrote:

As an ongoing game, the problem would be that there is a finite limit to how far you can get, and once the limit has been done, it couldn't be beaten, so its interest would be short-lived.

yes it would

this game we just made up bc of the mechanic we found on the car. how far can you go. me and Hugsy work out was Dali. so the game change into who can make it to there. Hugsy the closest so far

like you say for a ongoing game then need to make like a quest. similar to the linden realms. like you go different places and try run over whatever is the target there. and collect points/prizes/ribbons etc when you do. if crash then not have to go right back to the start. just go back to the station/waypoint before the crash. so can complete the course more easy

is possible that people who got shops/businesses might want to provide stops/waypoints. maybe even give some prizes/gifts if you make it to their place

lots of people will do just for the challenge I think. same like people play hunts. if finish the whole course then get a ribbon or badge that says you done it. can wear on your outfit maybe

the organizer(s) can change the course as well once lots people have done it

+

edit:  I don't think the shops even need to give gifts/prizes now i thought about it more. i think people will just do for the fun of it. and the badge that you can get for doing it. would be enough all by itself i think. just to get the badge/ribbon

i also think shop people will want to be in. just bc it will help bring people to their shops

It's all a bit.... something, when, instead of a maze with dead ends, there are crashes right, left, and centre - and crashes that often require the Task Manager to get out of.

I did try the sea sims to the east (Zaharik, Thurston, etc.), instead of trying to go south around Coelho, but there are sea sim crashes everywhere you look. I even went back and just flew across those sea sims, to find out if having the vehicle was making it worse, and I don't think I managed to cross any sea sim border without flying off into eternity.

If there wasn't a fixed distance limit, it could be quite a nice little game for a while, but it's SL not working properly that screws it up. Find another game :)

A game similar to what you described crossed my mind earlier today. It would need points all over the land where it's possible to reach. A driver has to click objects, in order, around an imaginary course, but the course isn't layed out - it can't be. The purpose is to click as many objects as you can before crashing. You can go round and round the imaginary course but you have to click the objects in the right order - so you can't just go backwards and forwards between 2 of them.

The problem with that is, once a person has figured out a route to get round the course, s/he can go round as many times as s/he likes, so it's not a game any more. It's only perseverance, or a case of how long you can last before SL fails and you crash, which isn't much of a game at all.

Phil Deakins wrote:

It's all a bit.... something, when, instead of a maze with dead ends, there are crashes right, left, and centre - and crashes that often require the Task Manager to get out of.

I did try the sea sims to the east (Zaharik, Thurston, etc.), instead of trying to go south around Coelho, but there are sea sim crashes everywhere you look. I even went back and just flew across those sea sims, to find out if having the vehicle was making it worse, if and I don't think I managed to cross any sea sim border without flying off into eternity.

If there wasn't a fixed distance limit, it could be quite a nice little game for a while, but it's SL not working properly that screws it up. Find another game
:)

jejejejje (:

well at least you now know why people who have vehicles been bawwing at linden since forever. the driver mortality rate is guarantee 100%.

1000s and 10000000s times over (:

Just an aside:

I was chatting with Coby a couple of days ago and I decided to get out an old magic carpet that I have and do a bit of flying around SL - something I've never got into. I just discovered that I no longer have it. It's disappeared along with hundreds of items from my Objects folder. Whole sub-folders full of stuff have disappeared, including my V3 slow dance! :(

That's something else that people often moan about - inventory disappearing. That makes 2 common moans that I've experienced today that I haven't experienced before.

Phil Deakins wrote:

A game similar to what you described crossed my mind earlier today. It would need points all over the land where it's possible to reach. A driver has to click objects, in order, around an imaginary course, but the course isn't layed out - it can't be. The purpose is to click as many objects as you can before crashing. You can go round and round the imaginary course but you have to click the objects in the right order - so you can't just go backwards and forwards between 2 of them.

The problem with that is, once a person has figured out a route to get round the course, s/he can go round as many times as s/he likes, so it's not a game any more. It's only perseverance.

it have to be vehicle oriented. you have to run it over. the target. with the provided car/vehicle. that way they got themselves and the car there. otherwise some people will just teleport and click

the Starchild ones not being mod is also a good idea. cant edit/lift your car out of trouble. so that's important as well. bc when is possible to edit then can lift your car upto 500m or whereever and then edit/move it in any direction you want

perserverance is what long distance driving about really. you just do it for the fun of it. would be better if not crash so much tho

It's disappeared along with hundreds of items from my Objects folder. 

How many top-level items in your Objects folder, Phil? If it's anywhere near 10,000, you might try making some subfolders and dropping maybe a thousand items in each until the top-level is down under a few thousand, then relog and see if old items (and subfolders) emerge.

If you're nowhere near 10,000 top-level items in that folder then never mind.

It was nowhere near Qie. There were about 4 items - now there's just one - I deleted some. The Objects folder was quite well sorted, with plenty of sub-folders. Before the stuff disappeared there were probably around 20 or 30 top level items in it.

All I am left with now in the Objects folder are 5 sub-folders and less than a handful of top level items. The total number of items in my inventory is only 12,415, and that includes the Library stuff, so quantities weren't the problem.

I decided to have a few more goes at it and I got a lot further than I have before (all the way through the snow sims), because I used the roads from quite early on. But the vehicle isn't good on roads - it's too easy to let it go off the road and, if it goes into a security device parcel, it's curtains. The two I hit were instant, anyway. And there are plenty of ban lines at the edge of the road, and they are instant too. So I've stopped trying again.

Phil Deakins wrote:

... I decided to get out an old magic carpet that I have and do a bit of flying around SL - something I've never got into. I just discovered that I no longer have it.

Phil, if you are still interested to experience the magic of flying on a carpet you can get such from the Marketplace. Just type the magic words "Magic carpet" in Marketplace.  There are even couple of freebies available.

magic-carpet.jpg

.... WOOOoosshhhh ...

[Edit]

Typing errors corrected...

ashamed.gif  :smileytongue:

I tried again tonight taking almost the same route as the last time.  I went a little different way once I got close to help avoid ban lines better.  I picked up a hitch-hiker along the way but lost him on a semi-botched region crossing that also fouled up my camera and sit position.  Final distanced reached was 12340.81 meters.

Dali Mission Accomplished 1k.jpg

\o/

you the champion!

and you a official legend now. bc you now and forever after you are the undisputed best rally car driver in SL ever (:

well done!. is way cool you managed this bc is so hard. and I am not even jealous. is so good you done it

when/if SL ever fix the sim crossings and make easy for everyone then we will say:

in the olden days there was this guy. his name is Hugsy Penguin. and he is legend. and those of us who remember will go yeah! Hugsy (:

is way cool \o/ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.