SL driver - Hugsy Penguin and then umm! \o/ (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

Hi Muds,

Thank you for inventing this cool challence.  It's been lots of fun for many. :heart:

It even lured  Phil to get out from his shop, exploring the world and getting higher and higher scores.

Wooossshh...  wooosshhh...  :matte-motes-big-grin:

You can say that again. I've never had any interest in getting out and about in SL, or doing things. I've just stood in my shop, out of normal sight, for years. This challenge thing has been great for me. I've really been enjoying it - the most enjoyment I've ever had in SL.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Muds (:

thanks heaps for this game. is so much fun (:

if i could pick just 3 things then

1) the base prim. i thought about this some more. best to leave it flat

a sphere makes it ride a lot more bouncy which maybe not a good thing really. with flat the car really sticks to the ground. and i think when driving up a steep cliff then a sphere going to change the center of balance. it will tip over and fall backwards off the cliff if the script not compensate for that

so dont change. the odd snag on old road prims is ok i think. we actual learn to adjust our driving style to compensate. losing the ability to drive up a steep cliff would be way worse

2) the exhaust particles. if we could not have on the game racer model then that be good for the land/parcel owners and neighbors

3) if get equal to a podium score then should go in front. just so can get on the podium and get your name on a cup. t least for the moment until the next person has a go and does it as well

ok 4 things (:

4) when i get on the podium then can i get a same color ribbon. be nice to get that (:

Hiya Guys,

Thanks a bunch for all the kind feedback. We will leave the ranking system as it is (yay, I don't have to remember how the code works, phew).

We are working on a new location on another continent as I speak. It will be next to a LL road (yay, easy) and progress onto some standard LL mainland distopia, with all that entails. Distances up to at least 30 kms will be possible - in theory at least :)

I'll post the SLURL here when it's ready, which should be soon.

The suggestion about the ribbons was cute, we'll give that some thought.

Thanks again everyone, it's fabbo to see people having fun with it!

Muds

Phil Deakins wrote:

WOW! This is going to take some doing. It's almost the longest possible unbroken journey in SL. But the most important thing is that I am here at the start before either 16 or Hugsy are even aware of it LOL!

Many thanks Muds
:)

I just seen this now in my morning

is ok that you got a  headstart bc you going to need it q; (:

once the Hugster finds out about it. he going to come motoring past. so I better hurry up myself (:

Mudshark Mills wrote:

The suggestion about the ribbons was cute, we'll give that some thought.

can make a little fee for it. like 20L or something

like can play for free. but if want your ribbon/medal as well then can claim off the vendor. by the podium. I think be ok that. I be happy to pay a little amount to get one

can even make a Fail medal as well for the driving game. like I get killed on the road in the Starchilds rally out of Sistiana or Cliffoed or whichever one. and I lived to tell about it. that be quite funny. I would buy one of them. as well

maybe not make heaps of money off them. but will be something better than nothing. so can buy some little things nice for yourselfs

A search on the map shows no Fishers Nest sim, no Gourd sim, and no Fishers Nest and Gourd sim, so I've no idea where you are referring to.

I had a quick go at the challenge yesterday but today will be my first day on it. So, if you've made it into the gold spot, be prepared to lose it :smileymad:

Hi Everyone,

I am going to talk to Elysian about putting something permanent on Sistiana to celebrate the first driver to achieve max distance on the Sistiana challenge. Due to a combination of lack of foresight and laziness, the server doesn't keep log files, so thought I should best check with the experts here regarding who did it first ....

Are we all agreed that Hugsy got it first?

Is there any point in a twitter feed with live scores? If so, should it tweet every score, or only when someone makes the leader board? Or is it a dumb idea?

Muds

Mudshark Mills wrote:

Is there any point in a twitter feed with live scores? If so, should it tweet every score, or only when someone makes the leader board? Or is it a dumb idea?

Muds

as long as it dont add more script weight to the car itself

+

i just have some other thoughts bc i think about these things when am driving along

the new Starchild SL Rally is kinda cool. but (:

is way to far. bc of the time needed. i havent done the count of the sims yet. but is going to take hours and hours and hours. all the way to Bounce

as it is. once the top distance scores get up over about 20,000 meters then people are not going to play after the first 1 or 2 times. only people who will keep playing is people like me and Phil and Hugsy. bc we nutters (:

lots of people drop out of the Sistiana Rally as well after only 1 or 2 goes. and was only 12,000 meters that one. bc is to far. to far bc of the sim crashes

if was me then i would have a start/finish line. like drive to this sim (whichever one). and then drive back. so can complete in an hour or so. assume no sim crash. the script can know this

+

if was done this way then can set up for different distances. some weeks a short race. some weeks a longer one. each destination sim determine the difficulty

the first 3 winners of each of the new races. gets a minicup of same color. everyone else gets a ribbon (if they want) and a podium finish. so can take a pic of yourself on podium if you want

same like now. your name stays on the podium cups until bumped off by the next person

+

reward for completion is the value proposition for the player/drivers i think

you want to make a difficult challenge but not so difficult that it discourage people from playing

+

i like the idea that have to drive there and drive back. is more satisfying i think. to cross a finish line. on the Sisitiana to Dali then when finish have to stand and teleport back to see your winning

also a 10K race need only go 5K out. so makes for more destinations options when setting different race courses and distances

+

can keep the Bounce Rally as well. bc like is the ultimate challenge

but maybe can think about the short course rallies as well

is my thoughts at this moment

Because we nutters? Dead right! lol

Today, Ely was talking about the idea of having waypoints. In fact she put a couple of green markers on the map at the start as suggestions. Maybe they are still there. Ely is well into this - not just for us for her too. She enjoys it, and she's thinking of alternative possibilities, so she might like your ideas.

Mugs has made it so that, if you stand at the start point, every minute a report is said in local chat so that you can see people's progress. Today I was watching the Hugster's progress, and chatting with Ely, as he made the attempt that got him the current top spot. I'd thought that completing the challenge would take a whole day, just like you're thinking, but he was over halfway in about 90 minutes, and that included 10 minutes to get out of a bad sim (he won't go via that sim again :) ). Not only that but, unlike you and me, he goes very slowly. The local reports also include the avergae mph, so you can see that as well. So it won't take "hours and hours and hours". It'll take many attempts because of crashing though. Hugsy will complete it soon because he's slow and methodical.

oh! ok about the time

i thought will take forever

over halfway already! wooo! good on him (:

+

y lol take your point about going slow. when i saw the new speedo on the car i couldn't help myself. as soon as i get on the sea then start stick shifting. jejejjeeje (:

63 miles an hour i get up to at one point. then when i get to the end of the big water straight then try change down but oh noes to late. takes over more than a whole sim to turn it to 90 deg and then back 90 deg. to get round the S-bend at the end of that ocean straight. lol. slammed straight into a banline sideways on the next sim over. wipeout. !!! (:

so i try to putter now. but still cant help myself. like get over the border and then stickshift up and brmmmmmmm!!! than when get near to next then start slam on the brakes (down arrow) and stickshift down. beetle beetle then brrrmmmmm!!!! again

jejejeje (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.