I bought mesh hair, and it has a bald spot in the scalp. Is there a way to fix this?

SephoraMoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

It's probably just siting too low on your head.  Select it with your Build/Edit tool and lift it slightly.  It may help if you stand on a pose stand to immobilize yourself while you do that, but maybe not.  It all depends on how steady your hands are.  :smileywink:

EDIT: As a couple of people have pointed out, I missed the word "mesh" in your question. Sorry about that. You can't edit mesh hair at all, even to move it, unfortunately.  :smileysad:  That's one reason why I have bought very few wearable mesh items so far.  It's a real nuisance.

• Like 2

Its not possibel to move most of the mesh hair in second life. I know that pretty well, because I already tried it...can't wear mesh hair as a furry because of that.

Use the alpha layer that comes with the hair and always always check the demo first before you buy mesh products.

I agree with that 1000%! The other day I tried on some Mesh dresses and my shoulders poked through, regardless of the size I tried, and even when I wore the included "standard" shape. Even worse, the standard shapes were No Mod...why should I wear a different face just to fit into a mesh dress?

Standard shapes very rarely are, or at least not standard between different creators.

I've found the simplest way to use standard sizes is to regard them simply as sizing indications. That is, I know my normal shape is somewhere on the cusp of most people's medium or small standard size, so I simply make a copy of my normal shape and tweak it slightly to fit a particular maker's interpretation of small or medium and save that to wear with their clothes.

That way, I don't need to worry about my face, and a few slight tweaks to my normal shape (the product of 5 years' tinkering) usually results in a far better fit than that give by soi-disant "standard sizes".

Doesn't help the OP with her hair, of course. None of the mesh styles I've seen that I like come anywhere close to fitting me, either.

Sephora,

Many Mesh Hair products come with a color matching bald cap tattoo layer to wear in addition to the hair. This tends to cause your scalp to disappear when done well. Check the folder that was created when you unpacked the Mesh Hair product for this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.