Looking to pay cash instead of Lindens for land.

Supersatan3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hai Guyz,

I enjoy being in SL, but past actions by LL have made me jaded  on giving them any money directly(They somehow lost 50,000L of mine and never got back with me). I was wondering if any landowners out there would be able to sell me a plot of their land for about 5-10USD/month(possibly via paypal or a similar service). I am looking to build my own house and have a little bit of privacy.

Actually a number of private estates will do this.  They accept PayPal and/or credit cards.  Some may do a bank draft, but not sure of that.  Generally you pay a small down payment to hold the land and have a few hours to pay your first tier.  When you pay you do it on a web site generally and have to pay a month at a time but is cheaper that way than paying by L's every week. A few require that you set up an automatic payment, but not all.  Look in the forum here for ads as well as the MP, and classifieds to find the estates that do this.

The land is not free, only the tier is.  The free tier that comes with a premium account is for 512sqm that supports 117 prims.  That would only support a very small house with not much furniture.  .  You must buy a 512 lot on the mainland and pay in L's for it yourself. That can cost you anywhere from 512L up to thousands depending on location. You can buy a larger lot that a 512sqm and use the 512sqm free tier towards the total tier due on the larger plot.  See this for full details and links to the land use fee chart.The fee chart shows the charges in addition to the premium member ship fee.

Either one will do, so long as it is within my budget.

As for everyone else, I am aware of how land ownership works in SL. For those who didn't bother to read the OP,  I had premium before, and even a full sim at one point, but the customer service I have received from LL had left me disgruntled.
I am looking for someone to throw me an offer, not give me advice on things I already know.

Supersatan3 wrote:

As for everyone else, I am aware of how land ownership works in SL. For those who didn't bother to read the OP,  I had premium before, and even a full sim at one point, but the customer service I have received from LL had left me disgruntled.

I am looking for someone to throw me an offer, not give me advice on things I already know.

Have YOU read your own OP? Nowhere does it mention that you were premium before, or that you owned a sim before. All you said was that LL lost your Linden and that you want land, which this is the wrong thread section for. Below the General Discussion you find Ton's of threads more suited to your needs:

Parcels for Rent: Estate

Parcels for Rent: Mainland

We can't read minds, how you supposed we should figure out that you were premium before and owned a sim before when you do not even HINT at it in your OP is beyond me.

Supersatan3 wrote:

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me for trying to help.   I did read your OP, it seems you are delusional about what it actually said.  Perhaps you should reread it. The question you asked was

" I was wondering if any landowners out there would be able to sell me a plot of their land for about 5-10USD/month(possibly via paypal or a similar service)."

The rest of the information was extraneous.

Here is some free advice.  If all you wanted were offers, that is what you should have said and posted it in one of the formus for that purpose.  When you post in general discussion then you lead people to believe you want information not offers, so you are not going to get what you are seeking..

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.