Stalkers at places.

StilettoSara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right place at the Forum to write about this but I try, bc I do need help. I have learned a lot last 5 months but this one thing I don't know how to solve.

I have blocked some persons for different reasons. I learned about the BLOCK/MUTE thing with different viewers and then also removed 'em from my friends list. I also added 'em to my black book at my home. If just that should be it......But no?

This one guy, no matter where I visit, if he is there at the place. He bumps me all the time and shuffles me around in the scene. He is seen as a little cloud. I see his name and that he is muted/blocked. BUT WHY should a muted person be able to do that to you. It's as stupid as it can get?

Is there any way to totally have this person unable to stop doing this. Or should a blocked person have the benefits of being a pain for the rest of your 2nd life stay.

What happens if I report this person? I saw I could do that because as i clicked the persons name I had that option.

Thankful for all replies of value.

Best regards: Sara

Ty for ur support. Well, yes my girlfriend told him to stop and logged the whole conversation and he said he would not stop and would continue making our life's here a lil hell`? Very immature indeed.

I mean I was at one other 3d site for many many years. And there a person you have blocked could not even touch you. I think that must be very important that if you block a person, then all contacts, should be broken per automatics.

You don't lock in a threatened person in same room as the person that threatened you. To me that seems very un logical.

Hugggs Sara

Well he sounds like a prize pillock to me. Yourself and your GF need to completely and utterly put him into the land of the non-existent. Find yourself a cosy spot to sit together and quietly p1ss him off.  One day you'll find he will have disappeared altogether, without you even noticing. You could also find a few new venues to visit, places that you don't add to your picks or anywhere that he could follow you to. This would help wean him off you.

In addition to what others have said - and, yes, AR him for harassment - you might also consider making an alt and playing that for a while.

No it won't solve everything and it is not fair. But it will give you some peace for a while.

In cases like this I usually think someone you know is tipping that person off. What else could it be? Unless they are using some illegal viewer that has mapping capability without being given that by you. And I don't even know if such a thing exists.

So if you do make an alt, the real test will be: Do not tell ANYONE you are on it. Then, see if it continues to happen. 

Or, try going places in SL on your main who's being harassed, without telling ANYONE  you are going. See if the stalker still finds you.

Good luck.

Yes....No bad ideas. But I would love to have a completely right to get rid of a such person period. Instead of having to meet the person and always have to "play" on that persons terms!

I mean if I don't like a person because of something happened. I must have the fully right to protect myself. I think that should be very high in priority here and anywhere else.

Best regards: Sara

In addition to the above suggestions, report the person to the staff of the venue or the owner.  Explain what is going on and send them a picture of him pushing you.  Ask that they eject and ban him from the venue.

You can also get defensive shields to wear that will make it imposible for him to push you around.  There are a number on MP and range in price from free on up.

Ohhh YAY that I would love to get one of....Me and my gf chatted about that if there were any things like that. And she was sure she had seen it somewhere.

Is it ok to ask for a link to a such shield? I rather pay a little for a good one to feel more safe here. Thanks in advance huni.

Best regards Sara

I'VE BEEN HERE 7 MONTHS. AND I'VE LEARNED MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE UNSTABLE! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME ISSUE'S. AND THE ONLY ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU. IS NO MATTER HOW MUCH THIS PERSON IS TRYING TO GET AT YOU! DON'T UTTER HIS/HER NAME. THAT GOES FOR NEARBY CHAT. MAKE LIKE THEY DON'T EXIST IN YOUR WORLD! I FOUND AFTER MONTH OF THIS GOING ON IT HAS STOPPED. SL CAN'T DO MUCH IF THERE IS NO THREATENING OF ONE'S PERSON.  IT'S HARD TO DO. BUT WHEN THEY THINK IT'S NOT GETTING THE REACTION THEY WANT, HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO AWAY!. AND WHEN YOU DISCUSS IT WITH A FRIEND ALWAYS DO IT IN A PRIVATE CHAT! I WISH YOU THE BEST! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS AS WELL! JOE

I went to the MP and had a look at defensive shields. There are so many and I don't really know what one would be best for me. Many are sole about combat n stuff like that. But I found one cheap on that also described a little of that when you are wearing it, you will also be protected.

I will try it :) And ty so much for the good tip :)

Hugggs Sara

JOEDARKSKY wrote:

I'VE BEEN HERE 7 MONTHS. AND I'VE LEARNED MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE UNSTABLE! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME ISSUE'S. AND THE ONLY ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU. IS NO MATTER HOW MUCH THIS PERSON IS TRYING TO GET AT YOU! DON'T UTTER HIS/HER NAME. THAT GOES FOR NEARBY CHAT. MAKE LIKE THEY DON'T EXIST IN YOUR WORLD! I FOUND AFTER MONTH OF THIS GOING ON IT HAS STOPPED. SL CAN'T DO MUCH IF THERE IS NO THREATENING OF ONE'S PERSON.  IT'S HARD TO DO. BUT WHEN THEY THINK IT'S NOT GETTING THE REACTION THEY WANT, HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO AWAY!. AND WHEN YOU DISCUSS IT WITH A FRIEND ALWAYS DO IT IN A PRIVATE CHAT! I WISH YOU THE BEST! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS AS WELL! JOE

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO, JOE!!

Darn fine advice too.  Always best, wherever possible, to ignore completely anyone attempting to harass in any way.  Thing is, in real life, people are probably just as unstable, but we may meet them in less of a concentrated environment.  Great thing about SL though is the features to block/mute and teleport away from certain folks.

And back to the OP - I had quite forgotten about shields.  Although I am quite wary about the use of shields in busy places, for sometimes it's quite easy for innocent people to walk into the shield's area and get bounced a bit.  Anyway, definitely something you should test.

Are there only a few areas you tend to frequent? I ask because AR is about the slowest thing you can do. Yes, it should still be done. But to grant you some respite in the meantime, you can contact someone with "ban" rights on the land you find yourself mostly going to. This is not a total solution that will get them out of SL like an AR will, but it's a MUCH quicker solution for the places you go to the most. Basically, all it means is that someone with ban rights can put an avatar on a blacklist, and render them unable to visit that parcel.

In a case like you've described, I think most admin/staff members on that land would be accomodating. You have the saved conversation where the person blatantly refus4ed to stop pushing you. There are a couple of things to take into consideration.

If you and that person are there as equal members, then investigation as to whether or not the original reason this person is bothering you began on that land would come under limited consideration. With a chat log showing that this person has been asked to stop by a third party (your friend) and refused, there certainly would be some consequences on any land I have rights over (which are always private). Ther would be at least a short term ban. Possibly permanent. If they are not registered, then definitely permanent, since ther is no question about them not belonging there. If they are, then communication would be opened up, along with a warning and a temporary ban. If it started somewhere wlse, then the first to bring it to the land I have ban rights on would be the one to get the hammer. (Not the first to come, but the first to cause drama.)

Rather than a shield, just get a movelock. There are several free ones available. You use that and he can bump you until he's blue in the face and you can't be moved. Orbiting is illegal and considered a griefing tool so you don't want to go there. When he comes and starts bumping you, sit down. He can't move you if you are sitting either. Other than that, ignore him, don't acknowledge he's even there. just matter of factly sit or turn on the movelock and say nothing to him. Once he figures out that you aren't even recognizing his existence, he will move on since he is wanting your attention. You don't give it to him, he'll eventually get bored and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be careful in  sharing any sort of chat log with anyone other than Linden Staff, and then only if part of an A/R. Same goes for your girlfriend.  Even if the conversation was in local chat, I would be wary about sharing that information with anyone not involved in the original conversation unless you have permission by all parties to do so.   If you share such conversations and one of the parties objects, you open yourelf  up for a  TOS violation and an Abuse Report  filed against you.  Even if you are able to share chat logs, most of us are aware chat logs can easily be altered to reflect what the chat log holder may wish it to say.

As far as admin/staff members at varying venues, some may try to to watch for continued bad behavior and act accordingly. But, if it is a busy and popular venue, they may not have time to do so.   I know as a sim owner, I will not just blatenly ban someone on the request of another party.  If I personally observe bad behavior then yes, I might ban the offending party.  However, most of us really don't want to be drawn into the middle of private drama between other parties, espeically if we don't know them.   The easiest  solution  for a sim owner, admin, or staff member would be to ban both parties, and if necessary to file an A/R against both. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.