Can a kick-butt video game avatar make you healthier?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the first article:- In Behm-Morawitz’s study, 279 users of a virtual reality community, Second Life, answered a questionnaire [...]

The second article report only 249 for the same study, but the exact number doesn't matter. What I want to know is how that researcher got 279 SL users to fill out a questionaire. It's rare for a researcher to get many participants here, even for those that appear to be quite good. And I assume researchers get a similar, generally negative, response in other SL forums. So where did 279/249 come from? Can it be believed or did the researcher invent most participants to make the research appear to be quite reasonable?

Amie Kaestner wrote:

It would be cool if motion capture was introduced to SL and we could convery our expressions and hand gestures through our characters while sitting at our computers. Would be kinda awkward if you're a habitual nose picker though...

I'm curious to see how you try to get some affordable, easy to use motion capture technology. Motion capture is currently used by some people who create animations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.