Why is Dr. Who banned here?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just wrote a post that contained the name Dr. Who, but with the first of those 2 words written in full (Doctor). The system refused to post it, saying that the message contains those words, which are not allowed in this community. Why?

ETA (tests):

Doctor  Who (2 spaces)

Doctor White (a different name)

You'd expect such spammers to get around such filters in the same way we did in this thread - Dr. instead of the full word, and/or Doctor  Who (with 2 spaces between the words), but this kind of spamming is automated and covers a great many forums, and the spammers won't generally know that some posts are rejected or deleted in individual forums.

Have you not been watching Doctor-Who recently Phil? The Doctor has been busy eradicating himself from History, even the Daleks don't know who he is any more and have forgotten their centuries old war against him. This is just another small part of his plan to negate his presence in the universe,

Just out of interest, the reason I didn't like how he played the role was very specific. His predecessor (I'm not good at remembering names) used to talk quickly at times and it was hard enough to get a grip on understanding and following what he was saying, but I sort of managed. Matt Smith seemed to be copying that but he spoke even faster at times and it was impossible to follow. It seemed that he was emulating David Tenant (I remembered his name while I was writing) but doing it even more so, and it made the whole thing hard to follow - for me, anyway.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Just out of interest, the reason I didn't like how he played the role was very specific. His predecessor (I'm not good at remembering names) used to talk quickly at times and it was hard enough to get a grip on understanding and following what he was saying, but I sort of managed. Matt Smith seemed to be copying that but he spoke even faster at times and it was impossible to follow. It seemed that he was emulating David Tenant (I remembered his name while I was writing) but doing it even more so, and it made the whole thing hard to follow - for me, anyway.

Subtitles :matte-motes-big-grin:

Phil Deakins wrote:

LMAO! (if Johnny Vegas is who I think he is - Monkey ads?) He'd make an.... interesting.... Dr. Who lol

Well they went with the young option this time. So the next Doctor needs to be either a woman, black or fat. Johnny is in with a chance, although Rusty Lee probably has a better chance of getting it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.