Very Urgent! Login failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Login failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this is a an error,please contact support.

I got the message when i logged into SL this morning,and i contacted support. But they don't seem to be resolving the issue. I want the issue resolved. Need a Linden ASAP.

Also kinda of a sting,considering the thousands of dollars i put into sl.

Found out i could login this morning. My IP address is leased by DHCP and yesterday it showed up as 64.,but today it showed up as 72. So i guess i got a bad IP address yesterday.

5 answers to this question

No Lindens here unless they are incognito. This is a resident board. The message you are getting is one of the higher levels of "you or someone in your household has been very bad". So if you are not at fault, you can yell at your younger brother or whatever. I don't actually know anyone that has received this message but I am guessing that it may be very difficult to overturn.

If you have contacted support, that is all you can do.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, there are never any Lindens here.  This is a resident to resident forum.  We are all SL residents like you.

Now, about that message..... 

This error message may appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

In the meantime, check your e-mail and your spam filter for an e-mail message from Linden Lab, explaining why you have been blocked from Second Life.

• Like 1

Sounds like something you did last night or yesterday (or whenever the last time you were in SL) got you banned.  The ban could be an error but that's really not likely.........that's what that message is all about.  You also received an email advising you of the issue and how to appeal this action.  The email was sent to the email address you associated on your account.  Find it and read it.......follow the instructions on how to appeal it.  Asking us, here in the forums, will get you absolutely nowhere.

Considering that you have been banned don't expect anyone at LL to jump through hoops to get your problem resolved ASAP.  It doesn't matter how many "thousands of dollars" you have put into SL......that carries no wieght at all for a ban.

*I always wonder why it is that everyone who gets banned and comes here to complain always has "thousands of dollars" invested.........one would think with that kind of investment in a virtual world that person would know what a ban is and how to deal with it*  Me thinks that's BS.  :)

• Like 1

If you actually have been banned you would have gotten an E-mail saying you did. I once found myself getting that message for about a day (without being banned) but the problem corrected itself. Do you live in a situation where multiple people share an IP address?

ETA - doesn't look like you've been banned because your profile is still online. See if you can log in from a remote location.

Depending on your Internet Serive Provider (ISP) you may be sharing an IP address with someone else. This is very typical in colleges. But, some ISP's reuse addresses too. This was very common in the days of dialup connections.

On Windows you can open a Command Window and type IPCONFIG to find out which IP address you are using. If you get 192.168.???.??? or 10.10.???.??? (where ? = some number) number then your router is using NAT (Network Address Translation). You will need to go online and find a site to tell you what address you are seen as by remote servers. Just Google 'my ip address' to find a site and get your ip address.

Include that number in your support ticket.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.