private regions down

Sigma Avro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Region down, two days a week nearly!

If it happens on week end ,  and you have some shops on it, or provide some services,  your region will fast be deserted.

Pay fees, be premium, there is no help on week end. If simulator is wrotten, no place that take your complains in consideration.

Which serious enterprise or institution will cope with this ?

Are LL planing to remove all private regions out of the game ?

You need to be on the region to restart it, though, Rolig.  You can restart a region that's running, if it's performing badly and you think a restart might fix it,  but if it's down, LL have to get it running again.

Certainly, though, LL live help are avaiable at weekends.   Their hours are 8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday, and, while I don't think they can restart offline regions themselves, they can, and do, escalate requests to people who can.

It was more a brainstorming question Innula,  sorry for my misleading answer.

Dirk suggested a dashboard for sim restart. I like the idea, but paranoia will impeach it for sure.

I have asked to at least have a reliable site where exact status of sims is allowed for residents or at least for region owners. 

Presently, one of my regions shows up on map, but this is false. From aside it is invisible, it is not possible to teleport, my in sim surveyors are dead. Wath map shows is fake. I got one time the answer that is was a viewer issue from Lindens.  The llRequestSimulator data or gives no answer of give also false answer "region status up", while it is completely dead and inaccessible.

As for support, during work hours and working days, live chat works as they can. they have to refer to "engineers", and it often takes a day.  Submitting ticket, takes a day. On week end, it is according to the weather !

I dont' see any justification for a region to be down : there are roll restarts each week.  The region in default is working 5 days a week, and all activieties have of course disapeared from it.

I am sure that this is not an isolated case, and that LLs are not managing the situation. And support absent during week end, when activity is major, what joke is this !

war games.jpg

Have you filed a support ticket reporting that you are having repeated problems?

We were having a problem on the SIM where I live with repeated crashes.  I put up a SIM status tracker, collected a little bit of info and the SIM owner filed a ticket.  A Linden came, investigated, did some maintenance and we've been crash free since (cross my fingers).

I don't know what type of systems LL has for keeping track of Grid/SIM health.  Thirty Thousand or so regions is a lot to keep track of.  Sometimes I envision that they need a big board at LL like this.  With better automated systems that report trouble spots in SL.  But in teh meanwhile they depend on us to report problems.

Now if you've reported that you are having repeated problems and it is still not fixed........that is a separate issue. 

Sigma Avro wrote:

Region down, two days a week nearly!

If it happens on week end ,  and you have some shops on it, or provide some services,  your region will fast be deserted.

Pay fees, be premium, there is no help on week end. If simulator is wrotten, no place that take your complains in consideration.

Which serious enterprise or institution will cope with this ?

Are LL planing to remove all private regions out of the game ?

From the JIRA, I see that the sim you're having problems with is still on the old Pathfinding test release channel, PF RC. Since Pathfinding is now on the rest of the grid it looks like that channel isn't getting updates (the server version is 7.31 - the end of July) and may not be included in the regular restarts. Ask support to move it to one of the current channels.

Point is so:

string askedat;

key request;

string regionName;

default() {

touch_start(integer nd) {

If {

REGION_DOWN // (wrong RC channel or whatever the reason ) and down two days or so aweek

I

DOWN_ON_WEEK_END //  tickets filed take surely nearly one day

I

DOWN_ON_FRYDAY_AFTERNOON // live chat transmits but people is going home

I

DOWN_MORE_TAHN_40_HOURS_A_WEEK

}   

request = llGetInformResult("region " + regionname + " is  down more than 40 hours a week, and especially on week end",(askedat = llGetTimeStamp() ), SUPPORT I   LINDENS);

}

info_return(key infoid, string timestamp, string data, key sender) {

if(infoid == request) llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(), llKey2Name(sender) + "\tat "+ timestamp + "\t"+data + "\from request dated  " + askeddata);

}

]

You will have message:

"dont'_say_my_name_Linden    2014-12-13:50:21   thanks for your info, we are curying it as fast as possible. We are soory that meanwhile we killed your activities in the region   from request    2012-09-11-11-11 "

hint: do not forget to put the script in a sim that is not the incremented one.

Yes Perrie, such is the case:

repeatedly informed of frequent crashes, and asked it to be transmitted to whon it should concern, by live chat.

same with support ticket  (not the first two requests however)  so that both Lindens and me have a trace.

So , i am in the point you say at the end.

From another side, I rized more than a jira, ( sorry for spaming this place).

But it was asked to me to provide the date.... what I am doing when it occurs in the the jira.

This showns

- that the Lindens have no records on sim that are down or do not use it

- that we have not the right to select the channel

- that  btw  there is no jira for sim specific issues

In any case, that before a solution can be found ,  region will be socialy dead

I had two mainland regions I own parcels on also collapse this week which caused up to 16 hours of disruption so it is not just a private sim thing. Here is what to do...

If you own / rent a parcel or whole region on a private sim (not mainland), contact the owner first. They have concierge service which is usually the fastest responder. If they are not available, file a "region down / restart" support ticket.

If you are on the mainland, file a "region down / restart" ticket first. These are responded to first IF someone is at the Linden Lab office watching things. Next check your clock. If it is after 8 AM and before midnight on the weekdays, or 8 AM to 6 PM weekends, sign into Help Live and request a restart.

In both cases, someone at Linden Lab needs to push a button. Since they laid off a large number of their staff and reduced their customer service hours a few years ago though, there are times when no monkey is at the console. That is when you file the tickets and wait until morning... or early afternoon if you are in Europe.

As a last resort you can call the CEO at home and have him cattle-prod the other Lindens. His number is...

Try asking em for recompense for the inconvenience...oh I forgot like all us other mugs you  signed the TOS which practically means lindens can totally screw the service for ever and a day AND still expect your full tier....Ive been out of sl a month now and they still expect a full tier and membership too !! And the best of it is a bunch of a** lickers think its my fault that because lindens screwed their system ( and admitted it was their fault)  that I went over my permitted gb usage....

5 year with Lindens the majority of em paying full tier and membership... anyone remember the Tom and Jerry cartoons where the mouse fooled the cat and his head turned into a lollipop with 'sucker' written on it.....???

The one person who wants the cattle prod at Lindens ( apart from the mysterious and nameless supervisor TJ Linden hides behind whenever I send him an email of complaint) is the CEO himself.... I dont recall a time in the last 5 years when the service in sl is as shoddy as it is now !!! And as one of your presidents once say in my opinion he needs a sign which says 'the buck stops here'

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.