ridiculous request from Well known skin store

Sinisterguy Leodhais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How does this sound i make skins, I make great skins and also i use tmeplates. I have some great friends in the skin business, Wel known skinmakers..Now my probloem is this well known skin maker has threatened me because my palm on a skin is similar..and i was ebing incredibly nice. By contacting them to resolve ans issue.

Showed samples and The "Well known skin designer" said "I can tell you it is not one of my skins" then proceed after 20 minutes to say. The palms are similar..? and although a list of over 16 parts are not the same..as my skin i would like you to change the overall skin as it is similar in some ways...? Before you place it on sale make the changes i recommend.

Now y'all have this skinmakers skin in your inventory. I knw 100% i do not have any resemblance in my skin..they ar elike chalk and cheese. We all use the same source. I"m being bullied into chnaging my skin because.." you have a toyota and oyur wheels are similar. "Omg !!change the Goodyear print on your tire" This has to stop how can secodnlife expand if the top stores dont allow for other skin makers to develop.  ?

Please help me in relaying this message to the Bullies..I will and am willing to show the skins in question..and the proof it has no similarities except the usal "same source Issues"

• Like 1

I have seen Sinisterguy on skype on camera working on these skins. I have seen him develop them over the last year that I have known him. They are DIFFERENT from all other skins and very unique in the face and body and all over. I like them and think they are original in detail and form.

Whoever is bullying Sinisterguy Leohais needs to stop, his work is original and unique and I know it from my own eyes.

Thank you for letting me rant.

• Like 1

Sinisterguy is a skin designer, but also a person of integrity. I have some of his skins I can say these are some the most original and well made skins out there. Please respect the work of this fine designer and let his work stand on the base of his own integrity. Thank you.

• Like 1

this is absolutely rediculous, this is surely a case of professional jealously.  The fact that your skins have got the big boys worried to the point where they have to lower their prices is a plus for you.  Have they SEEN your skins?  and how many you have?  Why on earth would you want to copy anything on someone elses skins, your work is unique and more likely to be copied by someone else.  The fact that your skins are all different means sooner or later there will be a similarity or two.  Hell this even happens on humans!!

why the hell would anyone want or need to copy a hand palm????  wouldnt be surprised if you are just the latest in a long  line of  skin creators on the receiving end of this "Premium Creator"

Stick with it and be strong!

• Like 1

Sinisterguy, please keep up the work.  I have yet to see any skins like yours.  As far the well-known creator, If I hind out who they are, I wont recommend them or ever use any of there products.  I prefer not to work with people that use bad business practices.

Sincerly Hitomi

1. Why do you care if someone complains your palm is similar? LL won't ban your stuff without evidence your stuff are copied.

2. What do you expect a bunch of strangers on a forum to do? Draw some picket fences and boycott an unknown store (which you didn't even provide the name of) for no apparent reason? Or is this just shameless advertising of your store? If you're advertising you might want to at least put a link to your store, though I doubt it's anything good anyways.

3. Having a bunch of 1-day old accounts with only 1 post reply with cheesy supports is not exactly persuasive.

I have over 15 synnerskins and i get complimented on everyone. This is BS. She just wants to ruin competition. However, this episode may put you on the map higher up. I saw the pictures side by side and they are different details. with all the skins in SL you cant tell me that Sin is the only one being accused. His skins are high quality and i love telling people where i got them. i went to her store last night and first of all she has only head shots, so how does she know the bodies are the same? and her faces are very different from Sin's.  it's really a competition and hse doesnt want to lose her ranking.

Well I must apologize for what seems a cheap publicity trick. I was sincere in my little rant but also it was made whilst being upset. I work hard at what I do. I felt bullied and in RL I would never tolerate that. I forgot that a lot of people must come across this everyday.

The Store did respond to me earlier today and stated rather nicely and sincere that the issue is ended and no further action is necessary.

I thank the store in question for seeing reason and appreciate the honest response.

"3. Having a bunch of 1-day old accounts with only 1 post reply with cheesy supports is not exactly persuasive."

Well I've never joined the forums until now because I didn't have a reason to - I felt the need to support my friend. If this is how forum regulars greet newcomers trying to help their friends then I'm glad I never joined. I will only post when i have reason to if  rudeness is a regular thing in these forums. Good riddance.

Sinisterguy Leodhais wrote:

Well I must apologize for what seems a cheap publicity trick. I was sincere in my little rant but also it was made whilst being upset. I work hard at what I do. I felt bullied and in RL I would never tolerate that. I forgot that a lot of people must come across this everyday.

The Store did respond to me earlier today and stated rather nicely and sincere that the issue is ended and no further action is necessary.

I thank the store in question for seeing reason and appreciate the honest response.

Your apology is accepted and I'm glad everything worked out for you. We all need to be careful of what we say and how we say it because others may see things in it that we never meant to express.

I know they are but i am alos waiitng for some of this to die down..yes i was annoyed i've apologized and well i'm just waiitng and working on new skins. I have some out but as i took down the skins i decided to redo my mall..

Alos i was awaiitng this to die down. I apologized for the rant..and actually besides the issue from the persons involved i want to state..these people are what the small designers use as a benchmark for the best skin they can develop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.