ridiculous request from Well known skin store

Sinisterguy Leodhais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sinisterguy Leodhais wrote:

How does this sound i make skins, I make great skins and also i use tmeplates. I have some great friends in the skin business, Wel known skinmakers..

You may want to be careful about who you buy skin templates from.

My customer just let me know someone is selling my skin on the MP with a link to the item in question, so I went to check it. I usually check the whole store to see if they have any other illegitimate items. I happened to see your reviews on their 3 male skin templates and that reminded me of this thread. I found my skin's body parts (abs, legs, arm) used (mixed with other skins) in one of those templates.

Can't really comment on the specifics, since I know nothing about this case. But this type of problem seems to be popping up a lot, lately, in the skin making world.

Do you both use the same templates? If so there is no wonder if body parts like palms, feet, knees, elbows and other things most people don't really think about, would be the same.

If that is the case and the person is not the template maker, I would not pay attention to their demands, but that is just me, and I don't know the parameters of SL (or RL) DMCA.

ETA: Just read the post above mine. If the templates are stolen (in full or part, same thing) delete everything now, yank it from your shop and marketplace, stop using stolen templates. Period. You probably didn't know about that, but if that is true, then you do now. Maybe LL should better police marketplace for stolen items or have a button people can press there, to flag something as stolen. (I know that can and will be abused, but, it would surely be better than LL staff having to peruse the entire market.)

• 5 weeks later...

Yes , actually you know i only purchased them because I recognized them on full perm avatars being sold, I was also investigating where they came from or trying too. I didnt use them as i found some interesting info..as in th eyeylshes if they are on the opposite side of where they need to be. Then highly likely a copy.

At th emoment it is difficult finding resources for a good male skin i am persuing the net for parts of muscle tone and belive it or not came across abs used on skins..i was like dumbfounded. I do not blame anyone and i also dont hide i use templates at times..and in the past. this is hence the for purchasing info..a simple way to say it might suspect..

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.