No Hud on Linden Realms

Laurenluvz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People keep saying that the Linden Realms is the best way to earn Lindens - But theres one issue - I NEVER get the hud. regardless. I've never saw the hud at any point on my account and I dont want to hear about any trick on how to make it re-appear because It hasn't even appeared once. Please help. This is annoying me so much

You likely have the hud but just can't see it, I tested today with an alt that has never been to Linden realms, I never saw the crystal counter hud but was able to cash out, when I cashed out I see a small red square in the upper right had corner of my screen, if you don't see that and can't cash out then you didn't get the hud,  I left linden realms and came back and got a welcome back message so the game remembered me even with out me seeing the crystal counter.  The only other thing not working that I can find is that I did not get the quest, but you don't need that for making L$  I've tested this with firestorm and the LL viewer,  The LSL function that attaches the hud are currently being tested on one of the RC channels so there may have been recent changes that are effecting this.  Other people are reporting that they don't have any problems so it could be an issue with some viewer preferences that make the crystal counter hud not appear.

I am having the same problem with not ever seeing the HUD, and I have went to every park and into every portal there is that I can see and nothing. I'm using the SL viewer, its been updated, all my drivers are updated. I've even taken off all my other HUD's such as AO's. Still no sign of the HUD, and it doesn't ever recognize me as even being there before. It is slightly annoying...i'd like to know if i am doing something wrong. I'm teleporting there from the search page, is that wrong? Do i need to access the parks another way? Please help! :(

Thanks Chriss, that use to work for me, realm Vll use to be my lucky realm for getting the hud, but this week I played in every realm every day and only got a hud once, and that one time it took over half an hour to get it.  I can still cash out, with out the hud so I don't even Waite any more for it, actually I find it more fun not knowing how much I have collected.  

I use to think that may be because I've been playing LR since it first came out that the data base was taking longer to find me as more people started playing growing the size of the data base, but now that several new players are not getting the hud that's not likely the problem.  There was talk of a new inwrold data base that LL might be testing in LR we my be starting to see the limits of that.   So far I've tried going to different realms,  jumping of the rock several times, clear my cash, doing a clean install of the viewers, used other  viewers, tried turning down my graphics setting down from ultrahigh, and disabling advance lighting, using an alt.  Just like a lot of the market place problemsproblem seam to only effect some people. 

Not getting the hud isn't an issue for me, but new people in LR would benefit from doing the quest to learn their way around and learn how to cash out, if they don't have some one to show them around.  I tested with an alt that hadn't been to LR and I was able to cash out with out the hud but I didn't get the quest.

• 1 month later...

Ive had the same issue, but there is AN EASY FIX!

There is an invisable prim above you when you first teleport into  the realm near the workshop (Not the portal sims). Simply jump onto the rockface directly Right of you and jump up and collide into the prim it will warp you a few meters back to the spawn point but after 2 -3 times your HUD should attach. Use CTRL + ALT + T To view invisable prims from there just look up you will see what im talking about. Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if you're still having trouble, but I rarely get my HUD when I first show up in Linden Realms, regardless of the portal I take. But I've got a workaround that always works. Turn around until you're facing the rock wall nearest you. There's a tree growing out of it. Go to the right of that tree and start climbing the rock wall. Hop up a few times as you do, veering a little to the left after you're past the tree. Once you get up about three or four meters, something triggers and you're dropped back to the arrival point. DO NOT CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD AS YOU FALL. In two or three attempts, you'll get the HUD and can go back to work. Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Ashely sometimes the huds just don't work for anyone. Now is one of those times.

I don't suspect it will get fixed right away as it is a US holiday week. The good news (this time) is that the realms are still counting crystals. That isn't ALWAYS the case and sometimes you have worked a long while to receive no money at payout.

My personal plan these days (my alt goes) is to cash out when I leave so that I in theory have no crystal credits. When I get a couple of green crystals (or blue) I go test the cashing out for the day. If it is working I go forward.

The realms are frequently broken and The Lab has recently closed two portal parks as well as shutting down instance 6, 7 and 8 --  so the number of Tyrah's have gone from 7 to 4. I would say enjoy it while you can. The good news is that the cheaters with huds and crashing scripts are now gone. That makes it worth visiting now and then.

Good luck. You do not NEED a hud to play -- that's the bottom line.

Which...kinda just confuses me more - the part about the HUD not being required to play. I checked the wiki and isn't it kind of required to do quests and the like? Or have them issued and get your HUD updated to do them? I mean, from what I can tell, the only other thing to all this is walking about aimlessly and touching little glowing things on the ground?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.