When my partner tps to our house at 3953M she ends up on the land below.how can we fix

gbh745

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

how do we set a tp location at 3953M, when my partner saves this location, she ends up on the land at ground level.when I tp there I stay put.  Please can anyone help.  are there any point to point tp pads that can work at distances of 4000 m?

4 answers to this question

Hell GBH,

Yeah that is an annoying problem. Here are a few ways to fix this issue.

1) If you own the land directly - About Land / Options / Change the Teleport Routing to Anywhere.

This allows you to TP in friends & partners to any place in the parcel at any height.

Sure.  Try this  (untested in world but it ought to work.)

default{    state_entry()    {        llSitTarget(<0.0,0.0,0.1>,ZERO_ROTATION);    }    changed (integer change)    {        if (change & CHANGED_LINK)        {            vector Here = llGetPos();             if (llAvatarOnSitTarget())            {                vector OverHead = <Here.x, Here.y, 4000.0>;  // If you are already at 4000m, change this number to 22.0                llSetRegionPos( Overhead);                llUnSit(llAvatarOnSitTarget() );            }            else            {                llSetRegionPos(Here);            }        }    }}

You'll have to put this in a second TP unit in your skybox too.  Just change the number as indicated in the script.  This script will TP you to a point directly above the spot on the ground where you put it, just like an elevator.

• Like 1

If your partner is using the official Second Life viewer, she can just click her mouse in the land description box, which will go from (sim name) to (sim name 111/111/20 (or whatever location she's at).  She can just change the last number to 3954, and she should land in your house ok.

On the Phoenix or Firestorm viewer, you/your partner would just need to type "gth 3954" (without the " ) in open chat and should land there.

No teleporter needed.

Or, you could have a makeshift transporter, just by rezzing a simple cube and sitting on it, click on it to go into "edit", and again change the Z number to 3954, and unsit when you arrive in the house.

• Like 1

It's possible that you have set your land to have a designated arrival point...except for the land owner, anyone teleporting to, or on, the parcel, will arrive at this one location.  This can be disabled in About Land/Options (or possibly Access...I'm not looking at the menu, just going from memory.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.