Problem with marketplace anyone help please?

H3XY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I bought a item on the marketplace and it did not get delivered. I then bought another item and that one did not get delivered. It then refunded my money and said 1 item failed with the error: Second Life communications timeout.

I just bought 2 test items (freebies) and they got delivered no problem so i decided to buy the 500L$ item again and it wont deliver so i bought a 1L$ item and that don't get delivered either.

It seems that if i order free items they get delivered right away but if i order something that costs money it does not.

Any help would be great please as the item i want is not in store :(

Search your transaction history, copy the part that shows you payed for the item that was not delivered, paste it into a notecard, and politely ask a merchant to either send you an item or refund you.  

Sometimes it helps to relog or just wait for a while, and the item will be delivered. If you're lucky, you can find the merchant online and willing to sell you directly, even rezz the item for you to see it before buying. 

If you get failed delivery, don't buy the same item again. 

In all cases, writing a nice notecard with all infos usually helps. Just be patient:)

the delivery method may make a difference if the expensive item doesn't show as direct delivery on the listing it's comming from a magic box a while back i remember seeing somewhere that LL would phase out magic boxes by the start of june (if the date hasn't been pushed back) and that could be why your expensive item isn't delivering

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

the delivery method may make a difference if the expensive item doesn't show as direct delivery on the listing it's comming from a magic box a while back i remember seeing somewhere that LL would phase out magic boxes by the start of june (if the date hasn't been pushed back) and that could be why your expensive item isn't delivering

The issue isn't with Magic Boxes or Direct Delivery - the Marketplace itself currently has multiple problems, not the least of which is Jira 4587 - the mixed listings "bugs."

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4587?

Many other problems have been discovered - items being delivered/paid for by customer/merchants not being paid (and not knowing said items had even been purchased if the customer/s had not contacted merchant/s re: the problem); issues such as the OP has posted; many, many more.

Due to all these issues, current date for Magic Boxes to be cut off is August 1 with a 4-week advance notice being given.  Since 3 months have gone by and the mixed listing issue still exists (as well as many other issues), I fully expect that date to be pushed back again.

The suggestion to contact the merchant/s of these products is your best bet.  As stated above, many merchants are not even aware of an issue, even concerning delivery, as the reports are not even stable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.