TP

redxrob

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can you stop people from TP from anywhere on the sim and only have them TP from a spot you set to TP in and out from so when they leave the area they TP into they cant TP out until they go back and  can you set more then one place to TP in and out from?

You can set a landing point for those TP'ing in using the land tools or a region entry point with a telehub using region tools. But if someone is there already and TP's in a friend, they will land right in front of them. 

You can not force anyone to having to go to a specific area in order toTP out. It makes no sense trying to control that anyway and if you could it would just annoy the heck out of most people.

redxrob wrote:

It depends on how you look at it I think it would be fun my way but I guess people are too dam lazy even in SL it would open up the game a lot more.

Sometimes I'm annoyed by the specific TP landing spots.  Like for example there is one dancing place.  The TP landing spot in that sim is very far from the dance floor.  One will land in a big shopping mall.  No fly.  So you must walk through the big shopping mall to reach the dance floor.  Hey, I didn't come shopping!  I came dancing. Grrrr...  I avoid those places, one long walk was enough.  Good bye. :smileymad:

I understand that there are good uses of specific landing spots, like in role playing sims for example.  They are ok.

Specific TP away spot would be really annoying.  What's the use of that would be I wonder?  Hey, could one crash anywhere in the sim, or would one need to go to the TP away spot first and crash there? :smileytongue:

redxrob wrote:

It depends on how you look at it I think it would be fun my way but I guess people are too dam lazy even in SL it would open up the game a lot more.

Come on, being lazy has nothing todo with it.  .Its about convenience that is not possible in RL.

Controlling entry using landing points is necessary in a lot of cases. But they should be convenient to the main attraction. I can't think of a single reason why a forced departure point would 'open up' the game more unless you mean a RP sitiatuion that you want to keep as close to genuine as possible, but that's rare.  More than likely it would be used to force you to walk somewhere to lure you to spend more money.  Just out of curiiousity could you cite an example other than that where forcing me to waste time having to walk somewhere to leave enhances my experience of your venue?  It more than likely make me want to leave faster.

You want to force your way of experience on others. That doesn't work in SL.

You can set a landing point - one per parcel - and that often makes sense. But if someone logs out they will log in at the same place they logged out before - if they have choosen to do so. If a friend sends them a TP invite they will appear at that spot and not at the landing point.
TP out can not be restricted - and that's a good thing - not to mention that they can log out or just crash everytime.

If you want to RP you will need rules and a staff to enforce it. If you expect visitors only then you have to live with it.

In contrary to other replies here, this system IS possible using RLV, or Restrained Love Viewer, functions. Essentially these expand the control of scripts, and provide opt-in limitations to visitors experiences. For RLV functions to work, a user needs to be wearing a 'Relay' attachment, and either allow the commands to affect them or have their relay set to allow Landowner commands (or all commands) automatically.

The TP limitations could be further improved by scripted-ejection (via llTeleportAgentHome) of anyone not permitting RLV commands (or not wearing a relay). Note however that doing this will reduce your traffic significantly; as others have said many SL users don't like having their experiences controlled (one of the many reasons gaming environments don't work in SL).

RLV API index

Specifically: RLV: Teleportation

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.