Is there a gadget that detect who is clicking my profile

Wynter Pawpad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The profile is not an in world thing !!

How come ! ppl click on your avatar while they are online to check the profile

I have a reason .. And that is to confirm my suspicions about a person who  is stalking me and  reviwing my profile for any changes all the time .

Inworld or not, the dialogue menu for selecting an avatar's profile is triggered by a right click, not left.  LSL has no event triggered via right click.  In addition, your profile is accessible via a simple link in a browser.  Namely: http://my.secondlife.com/wynter.pawpad as is mine http://my.secondlife.com/imnotgoing.sideways so there is no way inworld to address this at all. (^_^)

Long story, short: Don't put anything in your profile that you consider to be private.  Profiles are not private. (^_^)y

You do realize that by taking measure like gadgets that would tell you how many times and who is clicking your profile, you give power to that stalker.

In SL most people start stalking others to get on their nerves and see what their reaction is. Unlike RL a SL stalker can't physically harm you.. the best they can do is get you frustrated and acting all paranoid, maybe even have you leave SL... and that is probably what they are after.
Best thing is to ignore them. 

If they start griefing you, blackmail or really harras you.. notify LL.. otherwise IGNORE

I think there is something that informs you wether someone is checking your profile, props some not approved viewer. A few months ago I had someone freaking out at me cause according to them I was checking their profile.. and I was! This person had the nerve to tell me I needed to ask permission to view her profile. I think I never laughed that hard and my friends who were present at the sim started to view her profile which mad her so mad and faul languaged we banned her from the sim.. seriously.. some people

a few years ago there used to be a gadget called profile sniffy i think that worked with a version of the now non existent Emerald viewer that would inform you when someone viewed your profile this gadget didn't last long the viewer was soon patched up so it didn't work.. there hasn't been anything since that will do that and i don't think it's even possible to create something that will do it not now profiles are web based  

Put him on mute and then forget about him/her. Worrying about them checking your profile is giving THEM all the power, and that's exactly what they want. Obsessing over it is no more healthy than the stalking behavior.

Go ahead and update your profile. Be happy that you have moved on and don't give a single F what the other person thinks about it :)

If that's what you are worried about, all you have to do is make the privacy settings in your profile more restrictive.  Go to your profile at my.secondlife.com and click Settings >> Privacy.  Then use the drop-down menu next to Follow Info to select Nobody.  

Yeah... sorry.  That was the royal "you".  Not YOU.  :smileytongue:

Anyway, yes.  We're headed the same direction, Qwal.  You don't have to accept the default settings.  I have all my privacy settings as restrictive as possible.  I don't want anyone messing with my profile, and I don't care to have anyone following me.  Even my alt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.