The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

for layers  if you wear the same tpe of layer and take a layer off from the general menu..like take shirt off..it will take off the last layer you put on and not the layers under it..also the newest layer of the same type will cover  the last layer of the same type added..

this is just to add to more of how they work..

so if you are wearing say 4 shirt layers ..the last shirt layer put on will come off first from the general menu..

Conifer Dada wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

......so if you are wearing say 4 shirt layers ......

......you should consider plumping up your avatar's waistline a bit to give an authentic '4 shirts' look
:)

that reminds me of somethign i saw the other day on friends lol

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

His stuff is set up that he wears a basic outfit - his hair, huds, undlewear, rings, eyeglasses.

Then he has outfits in folders (pre V2 outfits) that had would 'Add to current outfit' and those would generally replace stuff he changed without touching his basic stuff that was constant.  Now it adds layers of the same items.  If he switches to 'Replace current outfit' he gets a single copy of the items in the folder but he's bald n stuff like that.  So he's got to adjust a couple hundred folders.  It's okay.  If he wasn't doing that he'd be doing something else.

I have the same setup but I dont use the outfits feature.. I only used my own created folders with copies of clothes or links to them. Easy way is to select all of the layers or items you want to use from that particular outfit at once (holding ctrl or shift-select between two of them), then you can R-click a highlighted one and choose 'WEAR' from the inventory and it will work like you expected. I do it this way so I don't have to put copies or links of my base items in every outfit folder I have. Helps cut down on inventory bloat.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

TY Dana.  That will save hours of work.  It's 5 cllicks now rather than the 2 it was before - so progress in the eyes of the LL viewer devs.

this may be only viewer specific but i'm not sure..

with folders..you want to take off items that may be  in a folder before just replacing them with another folder that is setup with an outfit..

there have been some cases that  replacing a folder that is being worn by clicking on another folder and just wearing it..can cause your whole inventory to start to attach to you..

it's a real pain in the butt getting all that stuff off if you don't stop it in time hehehe

it's not real common.but it only takes once  and a heck of a lot more time than just removing the items in that one folder before wearing another hehehe

just another lil helpy helpertin thought i though i would share hehehe *winks*

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

TY Dana.  That will save hours of work.  It's 5 cllicks now rather than the 2 it was before - so progress in the eyes of the LL viewer devs.

with folders..you want to take off items that may be  in a folder before just replacing them with another folder that is setup with an outfit..

there have been some cases that  replacing a folder that is being worn by clicking on another folder and just wearing it..can cause your whole inventory to start to attach to you..

it's a real pain in the butt getting all that stuff off if you don't stop it in time hehehe

it's not real common.but it only takes once  and a heck of a lot more time than just removing the items in that one folder before wearing another hehehe

just another lil helpy helpertin thought i though i would share hehehe *winks*

ty for the warning.   If it happens I'll just quit sl.

you would do that? let the gerbils and hamsters run this place into the ground?

without chipmunk supervision..we will all have no choice but to fall under their rule..

please tell me you are KIDDING!!\o/

You could try reversing what you do now. I.e., right now you wear your base outfit, then add on the outfit (clothes and accessories) you want to be wearing. You could instead find the outfit you want to wear, choose "replace," then find your base outfit with your hair, etc. and choose "add." Looks a little goofy in transition, but if you do it quickly, most people will hardly notice.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I remember hearing people talk in here about that bug. I can only imagine all the fun it caused lol.

Yeah I wouldn't suggest using any kind of folder for what I had mentioned, just like I would never suggest people drag-n-drop folders to their AV either. It's a bit different though when you're only selecting multiple single items and 'wearing' those from inside the inventory, no quirky folder operations at all that way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.