The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the following shopping procedure :matte-motes-big-grin:

1. If I need something I take a look at Marketplace
2. If I find something and that merchant has a store in world, I go there and buy it
3. If the product is cheaper on Marketplace or not available inworld, I buy it on Marketplace but I
never purchase more than 1 product at a time. If I need several things at a time I buy them one by one instead of filling the cart.

What the previous poster is saying isn't entirely true.
A lot of merchants are still using the magic box and sometimes delivery will fail.
So my advise is to use Marketplace as a catalogue and buy as many things as possible inworld 

Its not safe to use MP,you wil go blind,grow hair on your palms,your face will peal off.....mmmm my bad,thats for something else...

MP works fine,as usual dont use shopping cart,its borked as usual,buy 1 thing at a time and its ok. MP is borked only for some merchats who are getting bald spots from bugs (lucky not me (Yet))

I use the marketplace quite a lot, in fact I almost always use it seeing as it's much faster than running around in mislabled stores in SL trying to locate that particular item.. And I've never really had any serious issues. Worst being items that aren't delivered, but judging by my purchase history, you get refunded for items that go undelivered.. So no big deal, just annoying.

There are some things you should be aware of though. Prim attachments (objects and not clothing layers) never fit you right, so you want to make sure it's either modifiable or has some kind of resizing script, otherwise it's pretty much money wasted.

Obviously buying animations on the marketplace is a pretty bad idea too, as you'd probably want to try those out live before buying.

Lastly just make sure to read the description, especially if it's a complex package of more items (like an outfit or so), because it may tell you some details you didn't really make out from the picture. Oh and look for reviews too :P

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Really I almost never buy anything.  Only hats. & I have too many already.  I shop those in world where I can really see the hat.

Anywhatthewho - I hear there are problems lately.  I'm not current on what's broken.  My primary account is shopping lately so he's wondering if it's safe to buy in the marketplace.  I'm guessing the LL won't say unless it's totally shut down.

Please, no answers from Linden lab employees or the CEO.  (jk)

I get freebies & very inexpensive items from MP. That way, if i dont receive them its no big deal :)

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.